miloExt

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
Hi!

I don't get a signal out on my graphic card when I boot my PC. This is a new system (ex. graphic card). All items are installed correctly (as far as I know). A friend of mine has the same problem (on practical the same system).

My system:
P4G8X/DELUXE/GD
P4 2,4 PC533
Corsair PC2100 DDR-DIMM 512MB ECC REG CAS 2.5, Low Profile
NVidia GeForce3 (AGP 4X)
Western Caviar 120 S ED.

I am going mad over this problem, please help before it's to late.... :)

MiloExt

"Tomorrow will be canceled due to lack of interest"

miloExt

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
No, I don't get any beeps or sounds. Nothing really happens when I turn the thing on. All the fan's starts, all disks and drives are powered on.... The damn thing won't boot...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Did you read the first post in this forum titled
"Motherboards FAQ"? You'll find several reasons for the no post condition in there. I doubt your board is grounded, but it could be. More likely you have a drive cable on backwords, I'd disconnect the drives completely to check it.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

miloExt

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
I've tried it all. Without any drives, without cpu, without RAM, withouts anything but the g.card - same thing happens every time: Nothing, nada...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
"No RAM" should give you a beep code. If you don't get a beep code with nothing but the processor in, that only leaves a few reasons:
1.) Grounded board: Mounting post in the wrong locations, or spare mounting post where no hole exist
2.) Bad board
3.) Bad Power supply (would have to be extremely bad)
4.) Bad CPU (no signal).

#1 is the most common, #3 is rare.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

rook

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2003
I don't know about that MB, but mine has a jumper that clears CMOS. If yours does makes sure it is set to the correct position.

"Quotes are for people that can't think for themselves"

miloExt

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
Okay guys. thanx for all your help...

I've done som extensive research, and I here's the facts:
Registered memory means buffered memory. This has to be supported by the mainboard. I, ofcourse, have registered mem. on a board that supports only unbuffered mem. (witch btw is the same as "unregistered mem." - but could they call it that? No, "let's make a new word for it, that'll keep 'em buisy....").

So, problem solved (kinda... now I have to get back to the dealer and change the friggin' thing).

I think this info should go straight to some faq, so idiots, like me, can get their pc to boot. Ahh I can't wait...

miloExt

Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it