Through some inadvertent execution on my behalf, my user account login icon
no longer appears. Whenever I turn on my computer, it goes to the Welcome
screen and then to the desktop without requiring any login. How do I restore
the login icon and its functionality. Thanks.

Larry P wrote:
> Through some inadvertent execution on my behalf, my user account login icon
> no longer appears. Whenever I turn on my computer, it goes to the Welcome
> screen and then to the desktop without requiring any login. How do I restore
> the login icon and its functionality. Thanks.

If you go to your Control Panel->User Accounts, you'll first want to
check the "Change the way users..." settings to make sure the Welcome
Screen is on. Then, exit there and go to your accounts that you want on
the logon screen and make sure there is a password assigned to each
account. If your only account doesn't have a password, then you'd bypass
the login (if I remember correctly).