  • Computers
  • Windows Update
  • Windows XP
December 12, 2004 6:51:04 PM

This is my first time using this, but can anyone direct me to somewhere to go
to fix my windows update. I did a system restore a while back and now
everytime I get a system update, the computer seems to be searching my
computer to look for new updates and it never leaves that page, so I never
have an opportunity to update XP. I know I really need to download updates,
but no matter what I do, I can't get passed that first search of my computer.

Can anyone help?

More about : windows update working

December 12, 2004 10:29:11 PM

There is a WINDOWS update Newsgroup..
I use to read it But Cannot remember the name

Nazdak wrote:
> This is my first time using this, but can anyone direct me to somewhere to go
> to fix my windows update. I did a system restore a while back and now
> everytime I get a system update, the computer seems to be searching my
> computer to look for new updates and it never leaves that page, so I never
> have an opportunity to update XP. I know I really need to download updates,
> but no matter what I do, I can't get passed that first search of my computer.
>
> Can anyone help?
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 10:48:16 PM

There is a Windows Update Newsgroup that you need to take this problem
to: microsoft.public.windowsupdate .
Gene K

!