Windows Update not Working

This is my first time using this, but can anyone direct me to somewhere to go
to fix my windows update. I did a system restore a while back and now
everytime I get a system update, the computer seems to be searching my
computer to look for new updates and it never leaves that page, so I never
have an opportunity to update XP. I know I really need to download updates,
but no matter what I do, I can't get passed that first search of my computer.

Can anyone help?

santa

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

There is a WINDOWS update Newsgroup..
I use to read it But Cannot remember the name

Nazdak wrote:
> This is my first time using this, but can anyone direct me to somewhere to go
> to fix my windows update. I did a system restore a while back and now
> everytime I get a system update, the computer seems to be searching my
> computer to look for new updates and it never leaves that page, so I never
> have an opportunity to update XP. I know I really need to download updates,
> but no matter what I do, I can't get passed that first search of my computer.
>
> Can anyone help?

There is a Windows Update Newsgroup that you need to take this problem
to: microsoft.public.windowsupdate .
Gene K