Windows Update not Working

This is my first time using this, but can anyone direct me to somewhere to go
to fix my windows update. I did a system restore a while back and now
everytime I get a system update, the computer seems to be searching my
computer to look for new updates and it never leaves that page, so I never
have an opportunity to update XP. I know I really need to download updates,
but no matter what I do, I can't get passed that first search of my computer.

Can anyone help?
2 answers Last reply
More about windows update working

    There is a WINDOWS update Newsgroup..
    I use to read it But Cannot remember the name

    Nazdak wrote:
    > This is my first time using this, but can anyone direct me to somewhere to go
    > to fix my windows update. I did a system restore a while back and now
    > everytime I get a system update, the computer seems to be searching my
    > computer to look for new updates and it never leaves that page, so I never
    > have an opportunity to update XP. I know I really need to download updates,
    > but no matter what I do, I can't get passed that first search of my computer.
    >
    > Can anyone help?

    There is a Windows Update Newsgroup that you need to take this problem
    to: microsoft.public.windowsupdate .
    Gene K

    Nazdak wrote:
    > This is my first time using this, but can anyone direct me to somewhere to go
    > to fix my windows update. I did a system restore a while back and now
    > everytime I get a system update, the computer seems to be searching my
    > computer to look for new updates and it never leaves that page, so I never
    > have an opportunity to update XP. I know I really need to download updates,
    > but no matter what I do, I can't get passed that first search of my computer.
    >
    > Can anyone help?

Computers Windows Update Windows XP