LaserJet 4600 Envelope Printing Issue

I have a 4600 Color Laser which fails when trying to print envelopes.
If we turn the printer off and then back on and try, works like a
champ. We are getting a paper size mismatch on number 10 envelopes
when it fails. Anyone seen that problem before? We are using Word to
print with. Thanks!

ZR
2 answers Last reply
More about laserjet 4600 envelope printing issue

    << We are getting a paper size mismatch on number 10 envelopes
    when it fails >>

    ZR-

    Has it always done this, or did it stop working with no other changes?

    I haven't seen this exact problem before. One thing I have seen, is that the
    computer OS chooses a driver from its built-in library during installation, and
    it sometimes doesn't provide all the functionality the printer is capable of.
    (An example is not allowing duplex printing on a printer with the capability.)

    If you didn't already, try re-installing using the CD that came with the
    printer. You can probably download the needed file(s) from HP if you no longer
    have the CD for the HP 4600.

    Fred

    Thanks Fred, I think that has been done but it's always best to try
    something again if you're not sure!

    ZR

    fmmck@aol.com (Fred McKenzie) wrote in message news:<20040723214736.15298.00000277@mb-m04.aol.com>...
    > << We are getting a paper size mismatch on number 10 envelopes
    > when it fails >>
    >
    > ZR-
    >
    > Has it always done this, or did it stop working with no other changes?
    >
    > I haven't seen this exact problem before. One thing I have seen, is that the
    > computer OS chooses a driver from its built-in library during installation, and
    > it sometimes doesn't provide all the functionality the printer is capable of.
    > (An example is not allowing duplex printing on a printer with the capability.)
    >
    > If you didn't already, try re-installing using the CD that came with the
    > printer. You can probably download the needed file(s) from HP if you no longer
    > have the CD for the HP 4600.
    >
    > Fred

Hewlett Packard Laserjet Computers