Sharing Broadband

danr

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2003

Sorry if this is wrong NG for this post. Please direct me.
I have an Earthlink DSL account and use their supplied modem connected to a
Linksys wireless router. I have 2 wireless and one hard wired computer
connected to the router. This works great and all computers share the DSL
connection. (and they are networked and share 1 printer)
I have decided to change providers to SBC Yahoo because their rate is about
half of what EL charges.
Does anyone here have experience with SBC and sharing DSL? I read on one
site that SBC requires some gadget called a "Home Portal" to share DSL among
multiple computers within a home. And the "Home Portal" costs $200.
Thanks for any advice/help.
Dan

"DanR" <dhr22@sorrynospm.com> wrote in news:W8lXc.862$W_5.784
@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

> Does anyone here have experience with SBC and sharing DSL?

As long as SBC uses PPPoE for DSL Log in (they probably do), your Wireless
Router will work fine.

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)