Early iPad Reviews Give Apple Two Thumbs Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
Waste of money I would say, 0No I am not hating, there is not such thing when the ipad can't even have a simple application to view videos.
it's it worth 500 dollars when you can get a nexus one for the same price of a iphone or even a notebook and netbook for the same price.

KyleSTL

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Does it matter if it's a 'good' device or if reviewers like it? Absolutely not, because people will buy it (lots of people, that is), and Apple's stock will continue to set records. In most people’s books, that’s a success (especially management and shareholders).

djtronika

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
[citation][nom]drksilenc[/nom]yea ill be happy with my evo 4g that i have money set aside for... still fits in the pocket and its my everyday cellphone[/citation]
i still dont understand why people compare the ipad to a cell phone. "screw the xbox 360, i still have money set aside for a nintendo ds" different products, different uses, different people.

G

HEY, WAIT!!!

Seeing as this is April Fools day, doesn't that mean that this review means exactly the Opposite of what it's saying? Like Sponge Bob Square Pants would say, It's Opposite Day!

So wouldn't that mean that Apple actually got ""Two thumbs Down ????""

Why else would they make such an announcement on April fools day?

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
ipads were only sent to a select few reviewers...., translated: sent to only a select few reviewers whom we have in our pockets and are assured of giving us a good rating.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
I have this feeling that if this isnt an april fools day joke these ipads (and most ereaders) will end up like hybrid or electric cars. No one wants one but due to social pressure from reviews saying "hey the ipad rocks!" people will "have to have one".

G

All fun set aside, it may be a good niche device but that's about it.
It'll sell and it'll serve it's purpose because it's very convenient. I might even get one for my wife, should the price become more reasonable.

But to me and many others it's still lacking in many features including in the multitasking arena, desired amount of power, and the fact that the battery is not user serviceable.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Interesting coomment made by one reviewer
There may be things it doesnot do, but what it does do it does remarkably well
As a PC user and not a huge Mac lover, I tend to agree, this device is probably fantastic at what it does do
Problem is there are so many things that an actual computer can do that when people will eventually realise are missing it will be too late

I have an extensive library of software that I regularly use for all kinds of things from editing audio files to conversion of video formats and everything inbetween. If a device will not allow me to install the software I want to use then I wont use the device.

adaman2576

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Anyone else see the Tosh.0 episode where he gets one and tees it up like a golf ball and smashes it to pieces? He said he didn't even turn it on. Fake or not, still freaking hilarious.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
90% of iPads will be bought by PC users who don't own and never will own a Mac. Just like it is with the iPod and iPhone.

why not look at what it does well and take advantage of its strengths?

This is what smart business people will do - they'll develop apps for the iPad that are really useful and fill a specific need. and make a bunch of money in the process.

Nobody likes a hater - they're worse than fanboys.

Edited to remove pointlessly provocative comments. Mod.

stradric

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]...Nobody likes a hater - they're worse than fanboys.[/citation]

And here you are hating on the haters. How does that make you any better?

The fact of the matter is that the iFad was never designed to be a product for techies. It's designed to be a super simple computing device for people who think computers are too complicated. And in that regard it's brilliant. It will also appeal to first-adopters and people who just have to have the newest Apple fad product.

Marketing geniuses -- those folks at Apple.

G

[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]90% of iPads will be bought by PC users who don't own and never will own a Mac. Just like it is with the iPod and iPhone.I laugh at all the idiots here on Tom's that keep saying only fanboys will buy Apple products, when the simple fact is that Mac owners (Apple fanboys) make up less than 10% of sales of iAnything.Here's a thought: Instead of whining about what the iPad doesn't have, or comparing it to products it isn't designed to compete with (gee, I can't play Crysis on my iPad - IT SUCKS), why not look at what it does well and take advantage of its strengths?This is what smart business people will do - they'll develop apps for the iPad that are really useful and fill a specific need. and make a bunch of money in the process.Meanwhile the haters will sit back and keep whining the iPad is completely useless and complaing about their pathetic lives and life is so unfair blah blah blahNobody likes a hater - they're worse than fanboys.[/citation]
Sounds like you are worse than any hater as you are more like a Racist as you are the one promoting the Hate with your words!

Heil Ericburnby! Is that what you would like to hear?

I have used both Apple and PC products and it don't matter to me. I just prefer PC's more than Apple, that's all there is too it and there is no hate involved. I'm indifferent to whether a device is Apple or PC.

It just so happens that the iPad does not meet my needs and most probably never will. My wife on the other hand would be satisfied with one.

cyprod

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
hey ericburnby, please point out once where anybody has ever said "only apple fanboys will buy apple products. Contrary to what you think, we're not idiots, and we realize that ipods hold a majority share of the mp3 market, so clearly the mac owning minority is not buying all of them.

And how can we comment on what it does well when nobody but a select few reviewers can say anything. We're speculating. For example, I myself said I thought it would have a weakness in what it's supposed to do well owing to a back lit screen. Low and behold, the new york times article confirmed my suspicion. He admitted that when used in sunlight, the display is hard to see. I would say limited visibility on a portable media device, especially one meant to be used to read, is a pretty big failing. Of course Apple could be assuming its target market never goes outside, to which at that point if it were true, I would say the ipad owners are the pathetic ones, outside is nice.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
Did anybody see the "Modern Family" TV show last night? Their show was centered around the iPad. One of the characters' birthday fell on the release day for the iPad. He wanted one and wanted his wife to get up at 5AM and stand in line to buy one. Then the rest of the episode he was depressed that it was a bad birthday, nobody appreciated him because he didn't get an iPad for his birthday.

I want one myself, but the killer is that I'd have to get a Mac and an iPhone to go with it so I could write apps for it, so that's over $1500.

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]spoofedpacket[/nom]"If you're looking for something a bit more detailed" How about just something I can read on a 24" monitor? That meta review image is tiny.[/citation]

I am using Firefox. Ctrl-scrollwheel zooms in and out (as well as Ctrl+ and Ctrl-)

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
People that bought early are naturally going to defend their purchases. Nobody's going to be the first to come out and say, Damn I just wasted a lot of money. I could have bought a full blown Laptop with a bigger screen, bigger hard drive, ram, a real OS and a keyboard. OR...saved some money by buying a Netbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.