Access denied!! Folders

bill

I installed anew nortonss AntiVirus and got the ystem all fouled. I
reformatted and now have 6 of my folders that when I click on them a dialog
box comes up and says :"ACCESS DENIED" can I ever get back in to these
folders???
Or can I ever delete tham if not accessable?? Bill

bill wrote:
> I installed anew nortonss AntiVirus and got the ystem all fouled. I
> reformatted and now have 6 of my folders that when I click on them a
> dialog box comes up and says :"ACCESS DENIED" can I ever get back in
> to these folders???
> Or can I ever delete tham if not accessable?? Bill

Bill

Did you actually format the drive as you stated or did you reinstall XP over
the current installation? It sounds like you did the later.

If so, you can simply take ownership of those inaccessible folders. See the
following article for the step by step instructions.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308421

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP