Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How well will Far Cry 2 Run on my PC?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
October 21, 2008 8:58:52 AM

Hey there!

Just curious as to how well my pc will run Far Cry 2?

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 OC @ 3.00Ghz
2Gb DDR2 (667Mhz) Ram
ASUS Nvidia GeForce 8800GS TOP (overclocked) 384Mb
Western Digital SATA2 HDD (250Gb)
22" Benq Monitor (Play Games at 1680x1050)

Just wanna know b4 my copy arrives, thanks!!! :)  :hello: 

More about : cry run

October 21, 2008 11:25:01 AM

Should run fine, but maybe not with full AA turned on.
October 21, 2008 11:34:10 AM

tobyben said:
Should run fine, but maybe not with full AA turned on.

Do you think max settings with no AA or high settings with no AA?? I just want it to look nice and run well... :) 
Related resources
October 21, 2008 12:15:56 PM

Try everything on. If it lags, turn stuff lower one by one. You'll be able to run well, if not close to max settings.
October 22, 2008 11:05:49 AM

gamerk316 said:
Try everything on. If it lags, turn stuff lower one by one. You'll be able to run well, if not close to max settings.

Ok i got my copy and it runs very nicely at all 'High' settings around 35-40fps, about 25fps at all 'Very High' Settings and its a lagfest at 'Ultra High' at around 11fps, nonetheless at High settings it looks beautiful, brilliant game!!! :D 
October 22, 2008 12:41:35 PM

Your video RAM is probably your only downfall from maxing it out. Glad to hear it looks great though. Steam hasn't released my copy yet.
October 22, 2008 10:24:31 PM

GangstaGrabs said:
Hey there!

Just curious as to how well my pc will run Far Cry 2?

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 OC @ 3.00Ghz
2Gb DDR2 (667Mhz) Ram
ASUS Nvidia GeForce 8800GS TOP (overclocked) 384Mb
Western Digital SATA2 HDD (250Gb)
22" Benq Monitor (Play Games at 1680x1050)

Just wanna know b4 my copy arrives, thanks!!! :)  :hello: 



Here's my specs and it runs flawless and smooth.

My Specs:
Core 2 Duo E6600 3.3GHz
EVGA 8800GT Superclocked (Core 700, Mem 1000)
2GB Corssair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4-4-4-12)
700w OCZ GamerXStream PSU
eVGA 680i Mobo
320GB Hard drive 16MB cache 7200RPM
Windows XP
October 23, 2008 4:54:43 PM

I run at 1680x1050 on VERY HIGH, HDR, BLOOM, V-Sync (a must), but I have no AA. Runs about 40-55 FPS, it dips above and below sometimes. I didn't like the look when I was at 30FPS still a little blurry.

GREAT GAME
!