PCGA President Slams LucasArts

jamesl

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008
the didn't want to release a pc version because a low end pc wouldn't be able to play it, it would be a watered down version

so they release it for the Wii instead ?

how does that logic work?

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I don't understand the guy being mad about a crappy console game not getting ported, but the whole LucasArts logic that PCs wouldn't be able to handle the game is ridiculous. I bet I could run it fine on my $1000 PC that I built last year, which probably means an equivalent system is probably $500-$700 now.

At least he didn't blame "piracy" though...

dieseldre2k

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
i'm not sure what to be more surprised of, the fact that he knows nothing about the current state of PC's or the fact that he didnt use the recent scapegoat of piracy.

bluntsky

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
Stude really nailed it and I agree with every remark. I admire the courage and strength of his remarks. I've had some pretty serrious Force Unleashed envy and am sure my rig could handle it. That I should have to stoop to buying a console...

Also, must rant on Lucas. He's clearly been drinking his own kool-aid as evidenced by the most recent Trilogy of Star Wars films. He is a sell-out mofo.

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador

If you applied this logic to all games then who the hell would buy Crysis?

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
It doesn't take much to run a game like cod4 on the PC so I am puzzled as to the theoretical hardware requirements for the SW game. The fact that the title was released on the Wii voids the hardware argument anyway.

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Far Cry 2 is the perfect argument against this hardware requirement excuse. It's supposed to be some great new revelotionary console title but yet it runs just fine at max settings on my slightly dated hardware and it doesn't even look as good as Crysis which was release a year ago.

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador

I think lucasarts is referring to running the software on a Celeron and GMA 900 graphics... its that or they think you'll have problem playing it on a gamecube.