Hi, I installed XP beside windows 98 the problem is when I was working with
98 and shutdown windows my pc was shutoff correct but after I installed XP
now when I logon with windows 98 and try to shutdown it give me IT IS NOW
SAFE TO TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER then I have to power off from the box button.
On the other hand XP is wroking fine When I try to shutdown it turn off the
pc automatically. So any help please. Thanks in advance

Take a look here
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;196008