Help with fresh install after failed/incorrect install of software

nickboulin

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
I have (or had) windows 7 64 bit on my computer as of last night. I was attemping to install windows server 2003 onto an external hard drive and although I thought I picked the external drive during the install, apparently I did not and now I have missing drivers that do not allow windows 7 to start up. The drivers that are corrupt or missing are in \windows\system32\ntfs.sys I have attempted to boot from my windows 7 install disk (same that I used to update from vista) and I get the message about the missing drivers. This is after doing the first half of the windows server 2003 install (up to and including the system reboot) It seems that the install disk cannot overcome this issue. I have disconnected the external hard drive just to verify I had no conflicts with it and the internal hard drive. I still have the same issue. I also get the same end result wether or not I boot from the dvd or just allow the internal hard drive to self boot. Is there anything I can do to rectify this. Software that can be downloaded to clean the current info on the internal drive so that I can just reinstall windows 7? or possibly something that I am just not aware of doing to help the install disk do a repair? the computer asks me to put the install disk in the cd drive and reboot windows, pick my language and select repair... I never get that far.. after the install disk is uploaded to the computer (after pressing any key to boot from cd) I get the same error message. Any info would be greatly apprieciated!
Nick

nickboulin

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
ended up being a damaged install disk. Not sure the reason for corrupt disk as it was used for the initial install and then put into a case and not taken out until reinstall. none the less, I burned a new iso and install is successful.