Parental controls

Running Xp Home. Is there a way to configure internet connection to
disconnect after 10:00 PM and turn on again at 7:00AM every day7?
3 answers Last reply
More about parental controls

    You can set/limit user time by opening my computer,R.click on C: drive,
    properties,click on the quota tab,then set the time limitations.

    "r1" wrote:

    > Running Xp Home. Is there a way to configure internet connection to
    > disconnect after 10:00 PM and turn on again at 7:00AM every day7?

    Sorry, but most kids have grown up with computers and are often a lot more
    knowledgeable than we adults. Yes, there are procedures you can use, such as
    the one mentioned in this thread by Andrew, but don't expect the kids to not
    find a way around them. Your best bet - keep your computer in the most
    public part of your home (definitely NOT their bedroom), and have some
    enforceable rules established.

    r1 wrote:
    > Running Xp Home. Is there a way to configure internet connection to
    > disconnect after 10:00 PM and turn on again at 7:00AM every day7?

    HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q308418

    HOW TO Use the Internet Explorer 6 Content Advisor to Control Access
    to Web Sites in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310401

    Protect Your PC

    For some requirements, you may find it easier to invest in a
    3rd-party solution, such as NetNanny or CyberPatrol.

    You need to be aware, however, that *NO* technical or software
    solution is fool-proof, and _none_ can ever adequately take the place
    of live parental supervision. If you cannot trust your children to
    safely use the computer without supervision, you may have to consider
    limiting his use of it, by means of a BIOS password.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

Configuration Microsoft Internet Connection Windows XP