Parental controls

Running Xp Home. Is there a way to configure internet connection to
disconnect after 10:00 PM and turn on again at 7:00AM every day7?

You can set/limit user time by opening my computer,R.click on C: drive,
properties,click on the quota tab,then set the time limitations.

"r1" wrote:

> Running Xp Home. Is there a way to configure internet connection to
> disconnect after 10:00 PM and turn on again at 7:00AM every day7?

papa

Sorry, but most kids have grown up with computers and are often a lot more
knowledgeable than we adults. Yes, there are procedures you can use, such as
the one mentioned in this thread by Andrew, but don't expect the kids to not
find a way around them. Your best bet - keep your computer in the most
public part of your home (definitely NOT their bedroom), and have some
enforceable rules established.

r1 wrote:
> Running Xp Home. Is there a way to configure internet connection to
> disconnect after 10:00 PM and turn on again at 7:00AM every day7?

HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q308418

HOW TO Use the Internet Explorer 6 Content Advisor to Control Access
to Web Sites in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310401

Protect Your PC

For some requirements, you may find it easier to invest in a
3rd-party solution, such as NetNanny or CyberPatrol.

You need to be aware, however, that *NO* technical or software
solution is fool-proof, and _none_ can ever adequately take the place
of live parental supervision. If you cannot trust your children to
safely use the computer without supervision, you may have to consider
limiting his use of it, by means of a BIOS password.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm