classic Web view

Is there a way that you can select the classic web view in Windows XP like
there has been in previous versions. I am more interested in finding a way to
have the folder description view in Explorer. Any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about classic view

    Web View & Enable Web content in Folders in XP is called Common Tasks.

    Show common tasks in folders
    [[Specifies that hyperlinks to common folder tasks and other places on your
    computer are displayed in folders. These links appear in the left pane of
    the folder window.]]

    Use Windows classic folders
    [[Specifies that folder contents are displayed like classic Windows folders,
    which means that folder contents do not look and work like Web pages.]]

    [[To display links to common tasks in folders
    Open Folder Options in Control Panel.
    Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    Double-click Folder Options
    On the General tab, under Tasks, click Show common tasks in folders.

    Notes
    The hyperlinks to common tasks in the left pane of your folder windows
    provide quick access to file and folder management activities and other
    places on your computer, such as My Computer, Shared Documents, and My
    Network Places. Windows displays these links by default, so they may already
    be displayed in your folders. If they are not, you can use Folder Options to
    enable this feature.
    To disable this feature in your folders, on the General tab, under Tasks,
    click Use Windows classic folders.]]

    [[To add Web content to your desktop
    Right-click a blank area on the desktop, and then click Properties.
    On the Desktop tab, click Customize Desktop.
    On the Web tab, click New, and then follow the instructions on your screen.

    Notes
    You must be connected to the Internet to add active Web content to your
    desktop.
    To browse Microsoft's Desktop Gallery Web site, in the New Desktop Item
    Wizard, click Visit Gallery. The New Desktop Item Wizard opens when you
    click New on the Web tab.
    To select a different Web site, type the Web site address, or click Browse
    to locate it.]]

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:BDF5A8EE-5BCA-4337-9791-EF22911608A3@microsoft.com,
    Jess <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Is there a way that you can select the classic web view in Windows XP
    > like there has been in previous versions. I am more interested in
    > finding a way to have the folder description view in Explorer. Any
    > ideas?

    Only on a folder by folder basis. And then you need to adjust settings from SP1 then from SP2.

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDF5A8EE-5BCA-4337-9791-EF22911608A3@microsoft.com...
    > Is there a way that you can select the classic web view in Windows XP like
    > there has been in previous versions. I am more interested in finding a way to
    > have the folder description view in Explorer. Any ideas?

Classic Microsoft Windows XP