With USB port Windows does not load driver.

December 13, 2004 10:05:04 PM

Windows recognizes my CD/DVD printer when I plug and unplug the USB cable.
However, windows does not open the wizard to find it and enter to the device
manager. When I scan for device changes no changes occur. I have turned off
the computer, unplugged the USB cable, but when I start over, it does not
recognize any changes.

Thanks, Stephen
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 10:19:24 AM

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 19:05:04 -0800,
UnwantedreappearingTaskbarIcons@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:

> Windows recognizes my CD/DVD printer when I plug and unplug the USB cable.
> However, windows does not open the wizard to find it and enter to the device
> manager. When I scan for device changes no changes occur. I have turned off
> the computer, unplugged the USB cable, but when I start over, it does not
> recognize any changes.
>
> Thanks, Stephen

Does the drive work after Windows recognizes it? Is it listed in My
Computer or Disk Management? If yes, right click on the device in either of
those locations to access the drive properties.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Sharon, thank you for your response. The printer driver is not recognized.
Drive E loads the application just fine. I can find the printer driver file
on drive E but is it not being addressed or loaded into USB in Device
Manager. I have looked at the properties of the drives. I want to have the
USB port recognize when a new device is installed to invoke the wizard to
install the print drive.

Stephen

"Sharon F" wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 19:05:04 -0800,
> UnwantedreappearingTaskbarIcons@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:
>
> > Windows recognizes my CD/DVD printer when I plug and unplug the USB cable.
> > However, windows does not open the wizard to find it and enter to the device
> > manager. When I scan for device changes no changes occur. I have turned off
> > the computer, unplugged the USB cable, but when I start over, it does not
> > recognize any changes.
> >
> > Thanks, Stephen
>
> Does the drive work after Windows recognizes it? Is it listed in My
> Computer or Disk Management? If yes, right click on the device in either of
> those locations to access the drive properties.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

December 14, 2004 12:36:16 PM

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 06:53:05 -0800,
UnwantedreappearingTaskbarIcons@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:

> Sharon, thank you for your response. The printer driver is not recognized.
> Drive E loads the application just fine. I can find the printer driver file
> on drive E but is it not being addressed or loaded into USB in Device
> Manager. I have looked at the properties of the drives. I want to have the
> USB port recognize when a new device is installed to invoke the wizard to
> install the print drive.

It sounds like you need to talk to tech support for this hardware device.
Or find an updated driver for it.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

insert your Printer Disk into your CD Drive and INSTALL the printer
Drivers and Software , BEFORE YOU PLUG the printer into the computer !!!
You must install the software Before Hooking up the printer

!