Keyboard gives @ not "

Hi all

I'm sure I've resolved this before.
I have a new XP machine which gives " when the @ key is selected and vice
versa.
I've checked regional settings English UK keyboard is selected.

TIA

Phil

TheScullster wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm sure I've resolved this before.
> I have a new XP machine which gives " when the @ key is selected and
> vice versa.
> I've checked regional settings English UK keyboard is selected.
>
> TIA
>
> Phil

That means nothing if the system language isn't also set to UK English.
on salads.

Hi,

Then offhand I'd say you have a bad keyboard.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"TheScullster" <phil-at-dropthespam.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I'm sure I've resolved this before.
> I have a new XP machine which gives " when the @ key is selected and vice
> versa.
> I've checked regional settings English UK keyboard is selected.
>
> TIA
>
> Phil

Thanks

Yes the language seems to need setting in 2 locations to take effect.
Once set to English UK - problem solved

Phil