Hi,
My father has just upgraded to XP pro SP2 (previously WinME <spit>) and
would like to get to know his way around XP a little better, I have been
using XP for a couple of years now but am not in a position to sit with him
and go through some of it with him.
I am looking for recommendations of free online tutorial sites, as he wants
to learn at his own pace.
I imagine sites such as www.michaelstevenstech.com will be a bit beyond what
he requires and would in any case totally baffle him. The more basic the
better.

TIA

Sim

"The Continental Op" wrote:

> Hi,
> My father has just upgraded to XP pro SP2 (previously WinME <spit>) and
> would like to get to know his way around XP a little better, I have been
> using XP for a couple of years now but am not in a position to sit with him
> and go through some of it with him.
> I am looking for recommendations of free online tutorial sites, as he wants
> to learn at his own pace.
> I imagine sites such as www.michaelstevenstech.com will be a bit beyond what
> he requires and would in any case totally baffle him. The more basic the
> better.
>
> TIA
>
> Sim

Try these two. They are fairly basic.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/default.mspx
http://www.learnthat.com/courses/computer/windowsxp/

"The Continental Op" wrote:

> Hi,
> My father has just upgraded to XP pro SP2 (previously WinME <spit>) and
> would like to get to know his way around XP a little better, I have been
> using XP for a couple of years now but am not in a position to sit with him
> and go through some of it with him.
> I am looking for recommendations of free online tutorial sites, as he wants
> to learn at his own pace.
> I imagine sites such as www.michaelstevenstech.com will be a bit beyond what
> he requires and would in any case totally baffle him. The more basic the
> better.
>
> TIA
>
> Sim

There is a built-in XP Tour START/All Programs/Accessories

Microsoft offers training materials, much of it is built-in
to the Help menu for each program. There are also
third-parties such as Video Professor (that you can find
on-line or on TV)
Microsoft Press has a range of books and other materials,
Windows XP Inside/Out has a CD and is probably the most
complete book available.

Also see
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/default.mspx

--