Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Restricted call

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
June 11, 2004 1:30:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

About once a week or so my ringer goes off, but when I pick up the
phone it says "restricted call". If I answer it, no ones there. I am
disconnected immediately. If I don't answer it, the phone
disconnects after 3 or 4 rings.

Is this some test call or something from Verizon? Anybody else
getting these?

Bob

www.arcatapet.net/bobgiddings

Current email at:
bobgiddings0 at yahoo dot com

More about : restricted call

Anonymous
June 11, 2004 2:03:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I am not, Its probably some autodialer and they are hanging up for some
reason.


"Bob Giddings" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:946ic0t3ehu8keqmp2557fujlv8pqpllsp@4ax.com...
> About once a week or so my ringer goes off, but when I pick up the
> phone it says "restricted call". If I answer it, no ones there. I am
> disconnected immediately. If I don't answer it, the phone
> disconnects after 3 or 4 rings.
>
> Is this some test call or something from Verizon? Anybody else
> getting these?
>
> Bob
>
> www.arcatapet.net/bobgiddings
>
> Current email at:
> bobgiddings0 at yahoo dot com
June 11, 2004 8:47:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

It's a call where the caller has blocked the sending of caller ID. On a home
caller ID display, you'd see something like "Private" or "Number Blocked"
(ymmv).

I don't answer the cell phone for callers who block their number. If I have
to pay for the airtime, I at least want the option of rejecting the call.

-Stan

"Bob Giddings" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:946ic0t3ehu8keqmp2557fujlv8pqpllsp@4ax.com...
> About once a week or so my ringer goes off, but when I pick up the
> phone it says "restricted call". If I answer it, no ones there. I am
> disconnected immediately. If I don't answer it, the phone
> disconnects after 3 or 4 rings.
>
> Is this some test call or something from Verizon? Anybody else
> getting these?
>
> Bob
>
> www.arcatapet.net/bobgiddings
>
> Current email at:
> bobgiddings0 at yahoo dot com
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 11, 2004 3:27:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Could be someone pranking you. When I get these calls and I'm not
immediately expecting one from someone, I do not answer.


"Bob Giddings" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:946ic0t3ehu8keqmp2557fujlv8pqpllsp@4ax.com...
> About once a week or so my ringer goes off, but when I pick up the
> phone it says "restricted call". If I answer it, no ones there. I am
> disconnected immediately. If I don't answer it, the phone
> disconnects after 3 or 4 rings.
>
> Is this some test call or something from Verizon? Anybody else
> getting these?
>
> Bob
>
> www.arcatapet.net/bobgiddings
>
> Current email at:
> bobgiddings0 at yahoo dot com
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 9:14:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Bob Giddings wrote:

> About once a week or so my ringer goes off, but when I pick up the
> phone it says "restricted call". If I answer it, no ones there. I am
> disconnected immediately. If I don't answer it, the phone
> disconnects after 3 or 4 rings.
>
> Is this some test call or something from Verizon? Anybody else
> getting these?
>
> Bob
>
> www.arcatapet.net/bobgiddings
>
> Current email at:
> bobgiddings0 at yahoo dot com

Just to let you know, I have received some calls like this also. Being
that very few people know my cell phone number, I normally answer all
incoming calls. I don't think I will in the future.

Steve
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 9:14:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Steve Johnson <sjohnson29@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Just to let you know, I have received some calls like this also. Being
> that very few people know my cell phone number, I normally answer all
> incoming calls. I don't think I will in the future.

Do you have any friends that block caller ID from their cell or home phones
or have it blocked at work? If so, you won't be answering any of their calls.

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
Anonymous
June 16, 2004 12:28:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I don't answer calls with no caller id either. I might call them
back if they leave decent voice mail, and I bother to check it in time.


Steve Johnson wrote:

> Bob Giddings wrote:
>
>> About once a week or so my ringer goes off, but when I pick up the
>> phone it says "restricted call". If I answer it, no ones there. I am
>> disconnected immediately. If I don't answer it, the phone
>> disconnects after 3 or 4 rings.
>>
>> Is this some test call or something from Verizon? Anybody else
>> getting these?
>>
>> Bob
>>
>> www.arcatapet.net/bobgiddings
>>
>> Current email at:
>> bobgiddings0 at yahoo dot com
>
>
> Just to let you know, I have received some calls like this also. Being
> that very few people know my cell phone number, I normally answer all
> incoming calls. I don't think I will in the future.
>
> Steve
Anonymous
June 16, 2004 12:28:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

That sounds like what a telemarketer call would be like. No caller Id,
Autodialer, no-one there when you first pick up, hang up if you don't
answer......
With number portability, I'm getting more and more of those now....

Remember the old cleaner saying "no tickee, no washee", updated for cell
phones that would be "No caller ID, no answer" :) 


"Jerome Zelinske" <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:VZIzc.1506$w07.1242@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net
> I don't answer calls with no caller id either. I might call
> them back if they leave decent voice mail, and I bother to check it
> in time.
>
>
> Steve Johnson wrote:
>
>> Bob Giddings wrote:
>>
>>> About once a week or so my ringer goes off, but when I pick up the
>>> phone it says "restricted call". If I answer it, no ones there. I
>>> am disconnected immediately. If I don't answer it, the phone
>>> disconnects after 3 or 4 rings.
>>>
>>> Is this some test call or something from Verizon? Anybody else
>>> getting these?
>>>
>>> Bob
>>>
>>> www.arcatapet.net/bobgiddings
>>>
>>> Current email at:
>>> bobgiddings0 at yahoo dot com
>>
>>
>> Just to let you know, I have received some calls like this also.
>> Being that very few people know my cell phone number, I normally
>> answer all incoming calls. I don't think I will in the future.
>>
>> Steve
Anonymous
June 16, 2004 3:34:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

In article <4u6dnTtc0o7U2lLdRVn-uQ@lmi.net>,
Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:

> Steve Johnson <sjohnson29@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Just to let you know, I have received some calls like this also. Being
> > that very few people know my cell phone number, I normally answer all
> > incoming calls. I don't think I will in the future.
>
> Do you have any friends that block caller ID from their cell or home phones
> or have it blocked at work? If so, you won't be answering any of their calls.

True... but all of those people usually have *82 programmed in before my
number, so their caller-id info comes through.

FPP

--
"Light moves faster than sound. That's why some
folks appear bright until you hear them speak..."
!