How do you control what programs other users can use on th..

December 14, 2004 5:05:06 PM

I have 3 users on my XP account, I am the administrator, but all the programs
I have loaded on to my computer, the other 2 users have access to, How can I
deny them the access to my programs when they use my computer??--

Why tell a lie, when you can get away with telling the truth.

More about : control programs users

Anonymous
December 14, 2004 6:37:06 PM

On a program made for Win 2k or XP it will give you the option to install
for all users or just for the logged on user.

If you don't see that option during the installation of the program, you
might want to contact the manufacturer of the program for an updated
version.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"Blue" <lad@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have 3 users on my XP account, I am the administrator, but all the
programs
> I have loaded on to my computer, the other 2 users have access to, How can
> deny them the access to my programs when they use my computer??--
>

> Why tell a lie, when you can get away with telling the truth.
December 15, 2004 5:08:39 PM

Blue wrote:
> I have 3 users on my XP account, I am the administrator, but all the programs
> I have loaded on to my computer, the other 2 users have access to, How can I
> deny them the access to my programs when they use my computer??--

Open My Computer, open C, Docs & Settings, All Users, Start Menu, Programs.

Repeat the procedure again to open a window for each user, subsituting
"their name" for "all users" Then simply drag the program icons to whatever
account you want.

--
Best Wishes from Martin

So many questions, so few answers.