spitfire

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2004

This error message keeps occuring on startup and refers to different .exe
files.

What does it mean and how do stop it occuring
--
Spitfire

Hi,

Sounds like something is looking for a file on the secondary ide controller.
Most manufacturers use this for CD/DVD drives. Did you install something
(like a new piece of hardware or new program) prior to this starting to
happen?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Spitfire" <Spitfire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This error message keeps occuring on startup and refers to different .exe
> files.
>
> What does it mean and how do stop it occuring
> --
> Spitfire

spitfire

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2004

Thanks Rick,

I think it started to happen when I installed broadband and noticed quiet a
lot of different things happening, so I have installed zonealarms pro as my
firewall, macfee as my virus software. Found lots of spyware which were
causing some of the problems I was experiencing and this (as far as I know)
is the last problem that remains.

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sounds like something is looking for a file on the secondary ide controller.
> Most manufacturers use this for CD/DVD drives. Did you install something
> (like a new piece of hardware or new program) prior to this starting to
> happen?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Spitfire" <Spitfire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This error message keeps occuring on startup and refers to different .exe
> > files.
> >
> > What does it mean and how do stop it occuring
> > --
> > Spitfire

Hi,

I find several references to this error and ZA Pro, try uninstalling it to
see what happens. Make sure the native firewall is enabled when you do to
stay protected.