Granite Bay / 7205 Chipset

paulj

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
Anyone drop the cash for one of these Granite Bay boards? How do you like it? How did you justify the money?

<font color=red>The solution may be obvious, but I can't see it for the smoke coming off my processor.</font color=red>

paulj

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
I guess no one is using this board.

<font color=red>The solution may be obvious, but I can't see it for the smoke coming off my processor.</font color=red>

Tommyag

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2003
I just picked up a GA-8INXP. Justification...insatiable appetite for speed! I love it, it works great. I just put it together sat.2.4 ghz proc. Lian-Li pc-6089A case 2gb micron ram ddr266 500w trupower psu. My only prob so far is that when i play starwars jedi knight II Outcast and or Serious San 2nd encounter I start to get blip blip blip blip sounds from the pc speaker. This can't be to big of a deal. When I exit the games the blip stops??????? Any Ideas while we're on the subject. I going to post in a second. Thanks I hope my input helped you. I think this board kicks ass.

Tommy

He who dies with the most toys Wins !!

Civilized

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2001
I think for the money the 845PE chipsets are a better buy....they cost about half as much and perform within a few percent. The bay is a good board dont get me wrong but for the money its a poor offering from intel and could be improved greatly. The Abit IT7max2 rev2 is your best bet here for the PE chipsets. I would suggest you wait on the sis655 (will this damn thing ever come out in stores?) or the new springdale pe chipset(with 800fsb support)...

<font color=green>Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza<font color=green>