can't reformat 2nd hard disk

When windows in normal mode, if I right click on E disk and click format,
fill in the info and click OK, I get a message can't do. If I'm in safe
mode, same thing. If I'm in safe mode command line, I don't know what I'm
doing. And, I can't see anything in the BIOS that'll allow me to reformat a
hard disk, although I suppose it is there.

Can somebody help me?

dennist685
2 answers Last reply
More about reformat hard disk

    If you are an administrator you can format any logical drive. However, if
    your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent
    you from completing this procedure.

    Go to Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Disk Management. Be sure to
    read the directions very carefully.
    --
    Ted Zieglar

    "dennist685" <dennist685@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When windows in normal mode, if I right click on E disk and click format,
    > fill in the info and click OK, I get a message can't do. If I'm in safe
    > mode, same thing. If I'm in safe mode command line, I don't know what I'm
    > doing. And, I can't see anything in the BIOS that'll allow me to reformat
    > hard disk, although I suppose it is there.
    >
    > Can somebody help me?
    >
    > dennist685

    Ted,

    In the end after some tweaking, it worked.

    dennist685

    "Ted Zieglar" wrote:

    > If you are an administrator you can format any logical drive. However, if
    > your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent
    > you from completing this procedure.
    >
    > Go to Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Disk Management. Be sure to
    > read the directions very carefully.
    > --
    > Ted Zieglar
    >

    > "dennist685" <dennist685@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When windows in normal mode, if I right click on E disk and click format,
    > > fill in the info and click OK, I get a message can't do. If I'm in safe
    > > mode, same thing. If I'm in safe mode command line, I don't know what I'm
    > > doing. And, I can't see anything in the BIOS that'll allow me to reformat
    > > hard disk, although I suppose it is there.
    > >
    > > Can somebody help me?
    > >
    > > dennist685

Hard Drives Windows XP