Floppy A drive accessing too much

Greetings.
My internal floppy A drive is checking for information at just about every
access I request to my C drive. I noticed the additional checks, but since
they were short in time, I didn't do anything about it. But now that I wish
to do a full virus scan using installed software, the floppy drive is
constantly banging around during the successful scan of the C drive. I made
sure to select only C drive to be scanned. Within the past month, I've
added a few software installations which may be the problem, but I have no
restore points beyond 4 days ago. Is there something I can do to change
(reset) the drive to act as it should without having to work backwards by
uninstalling programs?
Thank you so kindly.
Kevin

At some point, you removed a diskette from the drive before the computer was
finished with it. Now your computer is looking for closure. It wants to put
this event behind it, so it can get on with life.

Put a diskette in the floppy drive. Go to My Computer and double-click on
the 31/2 Floppy icon. Close the window when it opens. When the light next to
your floppy drive has gone out, remove the diskette. Done.
--
Ted Zieglar

"General Mailbox" <nospam@home.net> wrote in message
> Greetings.
> My internal floppy A drive is checking for information at just about every
> access I request to my C drive. I noticed the additional checks, but
since
> they were short in time, I didn't do anything about it. But now that I
wish
> to do a full virus scan using installed software, the floppy drive is
> constantly banging around during the successful scan of the C drive. I
made
> sure to select only C drive to be scanned. Within the past month, I've
> added a few software installations which may be the problem, but I have no
> restore points beyond 4 days ago. Is there something I can do to change
> (reset) the drive to act as it should without having to work backwards by
> uninstalling programs?
> Thank you so kindly.
> Kevin

Thanks Ted.
Sounds good, but it didn't do the trick. I have done as advised and no
change. I inserted a disk and did a full format of a disk, closed the
window and rebooted. No change. I hope it isn't looking for one particular
volume number of the disk because I've likely reformated it by now.
Is there another way?
Kevin

> At some point, you removed a diskette from the drive before the computer
was
> finished with it. Now your computer is looking for closure. It wants to
put
> this event behind it, so it can get on with life.
>
> Put a diskette in the floppy drive. Go to My Computer and double-click on
> the 31/2 Floppy icon. Close the window when it opens. When the light next
> your floppy drive has gone out, remove the diskette. Done.
> --
> Ted Zieglar
>

> "General Mailbox" <nospam@home.net> wrote in message
> > Greetings.
> > My internal floppy A drive is checking for information at just about
every
> > access I request to my C drive. I noticed the additional checks, but
> since
> > they were short in time, I didn't do anything about it. But now that I
> wish
> > to do a full virus scan using installed software, the floppy drive is
> > constantly banging around during the successful scan of the C drive. I
> made
> > sure to select only C drive to be scanned. Within the past month, I've
> > added a few software installations which may be the problem, but I have
no
> > restore points beyond 4 days ago. Is there something I can do to change
> > (reset) the drive to act as it should without having to work backwards
by
> > uninstalling programs?
> > Thank you so kindly.
> > Kevin

Did I say to format the diskette?
--

> Thanks Ted.
> Sounds good, but it didn't do the trick. I have done as advised and no
> change. I inserted a disk and did a full format of a disk, closed the
> window and rebooted. No change. I hope it isn't looking for one
particular
> volume number of the disk because I've likely reformated it by now.
> Is there another way?
> Kevin

> > At some point, you removed a diskette from the drive before the computer
> was
> > finished with it. Now your computer is looking for closure. It wants to
> put
> > this event behind it, so it can get on with life.
> >
> > Put a diskette in the floppy drive. Go to My Computer and double-click
on
> > the 31/2 Floppy icon. Close the window when it opens. When the light
next
> > your floppy drive has gone out, remove the diskette. Done.
> > --
> > Ted Zieglar
> >

> > "General Mailbox" <nospam@home.net> wrote in message
> > > Greetings.
> > > My internal floppy A drive is checking for information at just about
> every
> > > access I request to my C drive. I noticed the additional checks, but
> > since
> > > they were short in time, I didn't do anything about it. But now that
> > wish
> > > to do a full virus scan using installed software, the floppy drive is
> > > constantly banging around during the successful scan of the C drive.
> > made
> > > sure to select only C drive to be scanned. Within the past month,
I've
> > > added a few software installations which may be the problem, but I
have
> no
> > > restore points beyond 4 days ago. Is there something I can do to
change
> > > (reset) the drive to act as it should without having to work backwards
> by
> > > uninstalling programs?
> > > Thank you so kindly.
> > > Kevin

ricardo

General Mailbox wrote:
> Greetings.
> My internal floppy A drive is checking for information at just about every
> access I request to my C drive. I noticed the additional checks, but since
> they were short in time, I didn't do anything about it. But now that I wish
> to do a full virus scan using installed software, the floppy drive is
> constantly banging around during the successful scan of the C drive. I made
> sure to select only C drive to be scanned. Within the past month, I've
> added a few software installations which may be the problem, but I have no
> restore points beyond 4 days ago. Is there something I can do to change
> (reset) the drive to act as it should without having to work backwards by
> uninstalling programs?
> Thank you so kindly.
> Kevin

It's your antivirus software. Get into the advanced options and
de-select check floppy drive from the available menu.....

Hi Ted and Ricardo.
No, Ted. You didn't say to format. I followed your directions to no avail.
As an extra attempt, I tried to have the drive recognize a different disk in
case it was looking for a particular volume name. That didn't work either.
Another person advised deleting driver and have the system reload upon
reboot. That didn't resolve anything either. The problem was my antivirus
program. I had it set to "exclude" drive A in On-Demand and Real-Time
scanning, but instead of leaving the drive alone, it was causing it to be
accessed constantly with a fast paced rattle noise during a selected C drive
On-Demand scan. I removed A drive from the exclusion list and now it's back
to normal.
I thank both of you for your help!
B.rgds,
Kevin