Sign in with
Your question

Farcry 2 respawns

Last response: in Video Games
October 28, 2008 9:29:30 AM

Can it really be that those outposts you cross every few hundred meters repopulate once you are around the next corner?
I really hope that I didn't get something here. Because if I have to kill the same guys over and over again I just won't play that game anymore...

More about : farcry respawns

October 28, 2008 11:12:23 AM

Yeah, it's really annoying.
October 28, 2008 11:25:00 AM

But it cannot really be true, that it's like that? Or can it?

If this is really the case it is a killer criteria NOT to get that game... (Or in my case to return it as fast as possible...)
Related resources
October 28, 2008 2:32:20 PM

b4 it was released the dev mentioned something about it being a few hours b4 they respawned but i noticed it only takes about half a hour. It should be more like gta 4 and assassins creed where u only get attacked when u do something bad.
October 28, 2008 3:38:37 PM

It's not only half an hour it's going into a safe house (without even resting) and coming out again. Here they are again. This really really spoils the game for me. Because it means camping in your jeep and trying to kill them all without losing any ammo. Thhat is really annoying because it takes forever...
October 28, 2008 5:53:51 PM

Lol, Africans multiply fast. No wonder their population gets so high. :na: 

But yeah, reaspawn takes half an hour. The ammo cap is low to, which is another annoyance. :p 
October 28, 2008 6:00:44 PM

@ dagger

That just was not funny. Not a tiny little bit.
October 28, 2008 6:48:34 PM

oh lighten up
October 28, 2008 7:16:18 PM

I think it should take a full game day for a respawn.
October 28, 2008 8:40:02 PM

well call it reinforcements to replace those you killed instead of respawns, sounds more realistic then :) 

it's even more weird in games when you kill stuff and you 7 days later return and there is still no new people and noone wondered why outpost 391 stopped responding? aah well...
October 28, 2008 10:09:00 PM

It would make sense if it took a few game days, but you can drive past an outpost, maybe blow it up with a grenade, then go on past it, do a mission objective in that zone, come back about 4-5 mins after you were first there, and the place is now repopulated and rebuilt.
October 29, 2008 1:26:04 AM

kyron said:
It would make sense if it took a few game days, but you can drive past an outpost, maybe blow it up with a grenade, then go on past it, do a mission objective in that zone, come back about 4-5 mins after you were first there, and the place is now repopulated and rebuilt.

Lol, good point. They can repopulate, but rebuilding a demolished outpost in that time is physically impossible.
October 29, 2008 2:11:13 AM

it is annoying, try using the trainer for the game, destroy a outpost

teleport across the map then teleport back, with in the 5 seconds it took you to teleport, it would be repopulated and everyone will have a sudden urge to shoot at you

it is hard to get anything done in the game when they attack you so much

it is just boring and frustrating it is like playing the same mission over and over
October 29, 2008 5:25:19 AM

That is just what I feel razor.
October 29, 2008 6:33:11 AM

well if the time is an issue then the time should be fixed and not the repopulation.

they just need to slow down the respawns no matter where you are on the map, and the buildings should respawn(get fixed) 10x slower then the repop.

would that work better then?
October 29, 2008 9:12:35 AM

That would definitely be better; I personally would like if the outposts (since there are so many of them) could be totally destroyed, if one would like to do so. Like blown up to pieces and a few heads stuck on a pole as a warning so the bad guys wouldn't return. Kinda like "this is my turf now"...
October 29, 2008 11:25:18 AM

Is it just me or if you blow up a black outpost and it repopulates with white people? There are too many white people in Africa. :sol: 
October 30, 2008 12:24:29 AM

and the dynamic spawn points are extremely annoying, making noise generates spawn points

try it, take the RPG or the grenade and explode a few

before you know it you will see a few jeeps full of people wanting to shoot you show up

also with a little more testing I found a few more bugs

if you use a flair gun and start a fire then walk into the object on fire, it wont damage you

and if a ai unit in the safe zone walks near it, it automatically goes out

also headshots don't give 1 hit kills for some reason

another problem, if you start a fight int he safe zone, the number of enemies will be unlimited, each time they die, another instantly respawns (i used a unlimited health cheat and killed them for like 30 minutes stright, must have takes out at least 200 people )

another bug

if you noclip under the map, all ai units inside of the buildings are visible and you can kill them, but once you enter the building, they respawn back
(probably to keep you from doing stupid stuff the make the game impossible co complete)

another bug

you can destroy weapons you bought and you cant re purchase them again

ths is done by using the flame thrower and ied's around the weapon warehouse, you will notice that when the attack the building with them, you will hear like 30 explosions from inside of the building, and when you go in there, your weapons are gone and you cant repurchase them (not all of the weapons die but most do )

and for some stupid reason, they don't respawn unlike the enemy ai

it is like the developers make the game to be annoying
October 30, 2008 5:09:42 AM

there was this really wierd bug i had was a guy just started floating up into the air and fell back down and died. I also had this assassination mission that was inside the safe zone so i used a silenced gun and made sure no one was looking but the whole town got alerted.
October 30, 2008 7:06:05 AM

So it is another unfinished game that hits the shelves. That makes me really angry.
October 30, 2008 1:23:26 PM

aziraphale said:
So it is another unfinished game that hits the shelves. That makes me really angry.

look on the bright side, at least it didn't crash every 10 minutes like stalker shadow of chernobyl
October 30, 2008 2:17:57 PM

razor512 said:
look on the bright side, at least it didn't crash every 10 minutes like stalker shadow of chernobyl

That one ran perfectly for me. Didn't crush at all. Although Clear Sky gave the BSOD once. :sweat: 
October 30, 2008 6:51:20 PM

Be simple and honest, Stalker(Shadow of Chernobyl) had most everything in place -
In Stalker - if you drop weapon somewhere in the middle of the map, you can be SURE, that you will find it when you will need it.
In Far Cry 2 - my virtual buddy, gave me AS50. Paf paf, I have overtook fortress, but in order to fully make cleanup(close combat in the urban environment), I dropped my beauty sniper rifle and took AK, 15 minutes(gametime), to recheck if all dead in fortress, returning where I have dropped my precious snipe, wtf, it has disappeared. (I even made check from roof, if I still can see it, running down the stairs- WHO TOOK MY WEAPON). Why I have to buy expensive weapon, and can not bring it to battle with me, as if ammo will end or I will have close combat, where should I put my expensive snipe- in my pocket, in order not to loose it? Or say - "Wait I will quickly jump to safe house and I'll put my expensive rifle in my "MAGIC STORAGE BOX" in safe house" and in same minute I will return to the fight. - YOU MUST BE JOKING, right?

Stalker - If you wiped out all zone, it will take long, very long time for enemies to multiply. Enemies will not respown immediately, when you run around the house.
Far Cry 2 - yep, going by bus from one station to another, completing mission, returning back and what I am going to do in the first time, no no not looking to the most beautiful textures ever, but taking mounted weapon and waiting, while SAME JEEP, with TWO SAME STUPID enemies, will show up for 8th, 9th(from 5th time I have lost count) time. Perfect element of surprise. I event can countdown time, when they show up :D 

Thanks this forum, I will not start to try blowing up the outposts - thanks to all posters, you have saved me a lot of time.

Stalker - If you wanna play stealth - picking up vintar, and hitting in the middle of the night if hitting enemy with the sniper rifle from very long distance, enemy will not start to shoot at you with SMG
Far Cry 2 - my sniper rifle is so inaccurate, that every enemy with his super AK, could shoot me directly in to the eye through my scope. Distance is pretty much normal, like I can see with the scope small people sticking around

Stalker - I am unlucky one- have been crashing for me 2 time per 4 hours. Event had to replay all game 3 times, but I have finished it. Was pissed off but finished.
Far Cry 2 - playing for 10 hours, uninstalling after this post will be submitted

So the choice is yours. Play totally dump game without crashing, o real one which is crashing more than your OS :D 
October 30, 2008 11:16:40 PM

ive been playing far cry 2 for the last few days now, and theres a few things i would like to add....

- when using a sniper rifle from a distance to shoot badguys the will get shot, float upwards a few feet then die then fall to the ground.

- the camo suit(45 diamonds) is a complete waste of money and im regretting ever buying it.. the biggest problem is with one of the bugs above, while crouched at a distance a jeep will spawn near you and try to run you over, giving away your position. plus it doesnt actually seem to help.

- i think some of the ai can see through walls? i was in pala and stole a diamond from a restricted area, no one seen me, but soon as i opened the case, the guys shouted that i was trespassing and they all started looking for me, yet because they couldnt actually 'see' me i left without being shot at or followed.

- fire, i love the effect but it doesnt seem to last long enough or spread how i would like it to.

-safe house upgrades, ive had about 6 of these and cant tell what has changed - i think it might be ammo but i raely use the safe house's.

- save game, wtf is the point in the save areas? i think they just left that in from the console version, on the pc you can save anywhere you want but still have these save points? just press f5 in game.

- im about 20% through main story but have done alot of side quests, the respawning too fast and rebuilding is starting to grind now, and im starting to want to play something else.

-also what is up with accuracy upgrades? i havnt noticed an inaccurate gun yet, mabye its cause im using a mouse and keyboard but the guns seem realistic and perfectly fine to me, i have an accuracy rating above 40%(im sure its that low cause it doesnt count explosive barrels :)  ) i havnt bought any of the upgrades yet...

- has anyone left the game area yet? i tried this today, your screen blurs and you pass out, only to re-awake a few hundred yards from the game area, however if you do it in a car like i did, your car will dissapear, it took me forever to walk to a new car.

- i wish you could sell upgrades even if it was just half price you got back.

- weapon dealer missions, there all the same just take place in a different area of the game.

November 1, 2008 10:43:21 PM

Well; it's sad. But I had to return that game. Never did that before, but it was really a piece of useless mud.
November 10, 2008 3:54:43 PM

Yeah i had high hopes for this game :( . Once i noticed the re spawning i totally lost whatever i had in me that kept me playing. Like it seems so unpolished and slapped together. Sad really because the cysis/farcry/"CRY" games LOOK great but they play like ass. ironically im having more fun just running around in multiplayer because at least then i can do what i want and i KNOW what i'm running into. Also i'll get more guns faster than having to run around the Flintstones episode that is Act-1.

The guns look/feel great and rather than return the game i think i'll still mess around in MP for a bit but in the end it's just another cog in the half assed FPS wheel.
November 10, 2008 4:33:26 PM

The thing that annoys me about these respawns is what happened to me yesterday trying to play this game. I didn't have a mission, so I was trying to find one in hopes of advancing whatever storyline this games supposedly has. But with all the respawns I spent most of my time trying to fight my way to an area where I could get a mission. The action is not that bad, but after a while I'm like "WTF, I'm spending all this time playing a game where the mission is to find a mission!" How the hell is that supposed to be fun. People can bash Crytek's games for not having great stories or being to linear, but at least there was a story to go along with the action. The objective of FC2 so far to me seems to be to find an objective.
Anonymous
November 11, 2008 6:21:07 AM

And why the hell it takes 8-10 shots of Ak47 ( i was a feet near to the enemy) in normal mode?

Does that seem realistic to you?
November 21, 2008 11:08:49 AM

I was really anticipating this game, got the special edition on the day it came out, but now its just a piece of junk lying in my closet. I only got through 11% of Act 1 but by then got soooo bored of it I couldn't continue. I rather replayed Crysis Warhead and fragged on Wars. FC2 didn't look that good either, and the distances just piss me off.

I felt so monotonius that I couldn't play anymore! I tried my Mp but for some reason it Always hangs when loading a map so I havnt got a chance to try that either.

All in all, a real expensive piece of *not*so*great*cr-ap*
November 26, 2008 4:31:13 PM

razor512 said:

also headshots don't give 1 hit kills for some reason

I kill people with a single headshot from a distance using the silenced pistol all the time. Saves a ton of ammo.
December 8, 2008 4:25:05 PM

baracubra said:
I was really anticipating this game, got the special edition on the day it came out...

Sorry man, we all have to lear not to buy games until at least 3 patches come out.

December 23, 2008 1:05:50 AM

kyron said:

I was actually in one of these camp while waiting for a convoy, and as soon as the convoy's blown up, like 4 dudes appear around me....ownage...and kind a fake
Anonymous
January 2, 2009 6:24:19 PM

jesus u guys it would take like twice as long to make a game with realistic respawns and u would jst get bored gos there would be nobody 2 kill nd nowt 2 blow up jst sit back go slow nd enjoy the game if the respawns r gettin 2 u use different roads 2 get get 2 nd from missions or jst travel through the wilderness. Honestly can u guys not see a good game even if it smacks u in ure f****** faces?
Anonymous
February 3, 2009 12:03:14 PM

Hi there,

I can't argue that the respawn is annoying but what I do is basically do my very best to avoid the static spawns (ie guard posts)

Drive cross country, or best, use the boat - you can go a long way with the boat and avoid lots. Also use the train tracks - that works very well

Some posts can't be avoided for sure, but you can learn the best way to places as you go thru....
February 3, 2009 1:20:13 PM

Quote:
jesus u guys it would take like twice as long to make a game with realistic respawns and u would jst get bored gos there would be nobody 2 kill nd nowt 2 blow up jst sit back go slow nd enjoy the game if the respawns r gettin 2 u use different roads 2 get get 2 nd from missions or jst travel through the wilderness. Honestly can u guys not see a good game even if it smacks u in ure f****** faces?

Your post is full of totally idiotic comments which is compounded by your lack of grammar and basic English in general. It's hard to know where to begin ridiculing you.
I do hope you are a 1-post wonder. If not then dont bump old threads.
Anonymous
February 3, 2009 1:29:23 PM

Oops - Im guilty of bumping the old thread too, but I thought my comments might have helped ;-)

Actually it's quite good fun travelling offroad!
February 3, 2009 1:39:05 PM

Constructive posting isnt so bad, that guy was just a jackass though :D 
!