hp pavillion 8660c hard drive removal

marko

Distinguished
May 16, 2004

I need to repalce the hard drive on this pos but I can't see the
hidden screw to get it out. Could anybody who's had one of thease
comps apart tell me how to get the drive out before I smash this POS.
Thanks

==============

Go here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?product=59337&cc=us&lc=en&dest_page=product&dlc=en&docname=bph05032

Then learn how to use your computer

marko wrote:
> I need to repalce the hard drive on this pos but I can't see the
> hidden screw to get it out. Could anybody who's had one of thease
> comps apart tell me how to get the drive out before I smash this POS.
> Thanks
>
> ==============
> troubleshooting newsgroups.

That's a little harsh as a response. "Use" and "maintenance" are somewhat
different. HP Pavilion cases, as cramped as they are, are not exactly a treat
to do maintenance on, either.

But the URL provided is helpful... Ben Myers

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:53:35 -0400, "Richard Doss" <rtdoss@comcast.net> wrote:

>Go here:
>
>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?product=59337&cc=us&lc=en&dest_page=product&dlc=en&docname=bph05032
>
>Then learn how to use your computer
>

>marko wrote:
>> I need to repalce the hard drive on this pos but I can't see the
>> hidden screw to get it out. Could anybody who's had one of thease
>> comps apart tell me how to get the drive out before I smash this POS.
>> Thanks

>> Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware
>> troubleshooting newsgroups.

marko