What files can I delete?

Hi all. I'm trying to track down junk files and found lots of stuff in
C:\DOCUME~1\USER\LOCALS~1\TEMP. I foolishly deleted everything in this folder
and someone told me I shouldn't have deleted the Microsoft folder. What kind
of problems can I expect and what is the fix if this was a mistake?

Thanks, in advance, for your time.
Doug

"Dum Dums are yummy" wrote:

> Hi all. I'm trying to track down junk files and found lots of stuff in
> C:\DOCUME~1\USER\LOCALS~1\TEMP. I foolishly deleted everything in this folder
> and someone told me I shouldn't have deleted the Microsoft folder. What kind
> of problems can I expect and what is the fix if this was a mistake?
>
> Thanks, in advance, for your time.
> Doug
If it hasn't been emptied, go to the Recycle bin, right click on the file
name and choose Restore. Then do your research.

Hi Doug,

There is nothing wrong with deleting the contents of that folder, it is for
temporary housing of files. Nothing in there is supposed to be permanent.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Dum Dums are yummy" <Dum Dums are yummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:5B592A28-07C3-47BD-A83A-3ED03824B534@microsoft.com...
> Hi all. I'm trying to track down junk files and found lots of stuff in
> C:\DOCUME~1\USER\LOCALS~1\TEMP. I foolishly deleted everything in this
> folder
> and someone told me I shouldn't have deleted the Microsoft folder. What
> kind
> of problems can I expect and what is the fix if this was a mistake?
>
> Thanks, in advance, for your time.
> Doug

Thanks guys. I really appreciate you time. Next time I’ll ask before I get
into things I know nothing about. So far; no problems.

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> There is nothing wrong with deleting the contents of that folder, it is for
> temporary housing of files. Nothing in there is supposed to be permanent.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Dum Dums are yummy" <Dum Dums are yummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:5B592A28-07C3-47BD-A83A-3ED03824B534@microsoft.com...
> > Hi all. I'm trying to track down junk files and found lots of stuff in
> > C:\DOCUME~1\USER\LOCALS~1\TEMP. I foolishly deleted everything in this
> > folder
> > and someone told me I shouldn't have deleted the Microsoft folder. What
> > kind
> > of problems can I expect and what is the fix if this was a mistake?
> >
> > Thanks, in advance, for your time.
> > Doug

Latest posts