Calculator

I no longer have the calculator on my accessories menu.
How do I find it? How do I put it back? I had a recent
posting about losing Spider Solitaire, and someone was
kind enough to give me the program info to put it back.
Can I find the calculator program myself? Help! Carol
5
answers
Last reply
More about calculator

    Hi

    From Start>Run type

    calc

    Does the Calculator appear then?

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Carol" <cafy@gis.net> wrote in message
    >I no longer have the calculator on my accessories menu.
    > How do I find it? How do I put it back? I had a recent
    > posting about losing Spider Solitaire, and someone was
    > kind enough to give me the program info to put it back.
    > Can I find the calculator program myself? Help! Carol

    If doing START/Run calc makes the program open, most likely
    you have accidentally dragged the program out of the
    Accessories folder, Start/Search calc.exe it should be
    in C:\WINDOWS\system32\calc.exe

    You can make a desktop shortcut by right clicking on the exe
    file.

    If you have deleted the program, use Control
    Panel/add-Remove Programs, Windows Components to add the
    accessories again.

    --
    Merry Christmas
    Have a Safe and Happy New Year
    | Hi
    |
    | From Start>Run type
    |
    | calc
    |
    | Does the Calculator appear then?
    |
    | --
    |
    | Will Denny
    | MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    | Please reply to the News Groups
    |

    | "Carol" <cafy@gis.net> wrote in message
    | >I no longer have the calculator on my accessories menu.
    | > How do I find it? How do I put it back? I had a recent
    | > posting about losing Spider Solitaire, and someone was
    | > kind enough to give me the program info to put it back.
    | > Can I find the calculator program myself? Help! Carol

    Yes, Will, it does. I had tried that before,
    typing "calculator", and it couldn't be found. How do I
    know it should have been "calc"? Carol

    Knowledge is Power! Thank you, Will and Jim! (Spock, is
    that you? My favorite old Star Trek epi is when Spock
    goes back to Vulcan to mate. "The Amok Time"? What was
    the old wise woman's name? Tpow? Tpring? Cool.) Carol

    Hi

    That's the name of the program file for the Calculator. A lot of Windows
    apps. to differ like that. You can create a Desktop shortcut, by
    right-clicking on the Desktop, selecting New>Shortcut and then typing the
    following into the first box that appears:

    c:\windows\system32\calc.exe

    Then follow the onscreen prompts.

    --

    > Yes, Will, it does. I had tried that before,
    > typing "calculator", and it couldn't be found. How do I
    > know it should have been "calc"? Carol

Microsoft Accessories Windows XP