Carol

I no longer have the calculator on my accessories menu.
How do I find it? How do I put it back? I had a recent
posting about losing Spider Solitaire, and someone was
kind enough to give me the program info to put it back.
Can I find the calculator program myself? Help! Carol

Hi

From Start>Run type

calc

Does the Calculator appear then?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Carol" <cafy@gis.net> wrote in message
>I no longer have the calculator on my accessories menu.
> How do I find it? How do I put it back? I had a recent
> posting about losing Spider Solitaire, and someone was
> kind enough to give me the program info to put it back.
> Can I find the calculator program myself? Help! Carol

If doing START/Run calc makes the program open, most likely
you have accidentally dragged the program out of the
Accessories folder, Start/Search calc.exe it should be
in C:\WINDOWS\system32\calc.exe

You can make a desktop shortcut by right clicking on the exe
file.

If you have deleted the program, use Control
Panel/add-Remove Programs, Windows Components to add the
accessories again.

--
Merry Christmas
Have a Safe and Happy New Year
| Hi
|
| From Start>Run type
|
| calc
|
| Does the Calculator appear then?
|
| --
|
| Will Denny
| MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
| Please reply to the News Groups
|

| "Carol" <cafy@gis.net> wrote in message
| >I no longer have the calculator on my accessories menu.
| > How do I find it? How do I put it back? I had a recent
| > posting about losing Spider Solitaire, and someone was
| > kind enough to give me the program info to put it back.
| > Can I find the calculator program myself? Help! Carol

Carol

Yes, Will, it does. I had tried that before,
typing "calculator", and it couldn't be found. How do I
know it should have been "calc"? Carol

Carol

Knowledge is Power! Thank you, Will and Jim! (Spock, is
that you? My favorite old Star Trek epi is when Spock
goes back to Vulcan to mate. "The Amok Time"? What was
the old wise woman's name? Tpow? Tpring? Cool.) Carol

Hi

That's the name of the program file for the Calculator. A lot of Windows
apps. to differ like that. You can create a Desktop shortcut, by
right-clicking on the Desktop, selecting New>Shortcut and then typing the
following into the first box that appears:

c:\windows\system32\calc.exe

Then follow the onscreen prompts.