Mouse Pointer - What's a red fist mean ?

Robert

My mouse pointer changes from the shape of the standard arrow, to that or a
"red fist" when I attmept to click on certain links, plus, when it does this,
it does not allow me to open those links.

Does anyone know why this is? What's going on? What's being blocked and
how do I avoid this?

Thanks for any help provided.

Robert S.
12/17/04

This may be evidence of a virus or spyware.

Ted Zieglar

"Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My mouse pointer changes from the shape of the standard arrow, to that or
> "red fist" when I attmept to click on certain links, plus, when it does
> this,
> it does not allow me to open those links.
>
> Does anyone know why this is? What's going on? What's being blocked and
> how do I avoid this?
>
> Thanks for any help provided.
>
> Robert S.
> 12/17/04

What third-party security applications or suites are running in the
background (e.g., Norton, McAfee)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)