Mem Turbo

Hi everyone
i got a program called Mem Turbo which is about 216 kb which claims to
extract free RAM from the system. ive used it twice but i cant figure out if
it really works.Can u pls hlp
me with this? Should i remove it?
I got 80gb hdd 256MB RAM 2.1ghz
thanx
5 answers Last reply
More about turbo

    Not only is it completely useless, it makes your computer run slower, not
    faster. The people who push this junk are playing off your and/or their own
    ignorance.
    --
    Ted Zieglar

    "dumb spidey" <dumb spidey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone
    > i got a program called Mem Turbo which is about 216 kb which claims to
    > extract free RAM from the system. ive used it twice but i cant figure out
    if
    > it really works.Can u pls hlp
    > me with this? Should i remove it?
    > I got 80gb hdd 256MB RAM 2.1ghz
    > thanx

    Remove it.. XP is well able to manage memory..

    "dumb spidey" <dumb spidey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone
    > i got a program called Mem Turbo which is about 216 kb which claims to
    > extract free RAM from the system. ive used it twice but i cant figure out
    > if
    > it really works.Can u pls hlp
    > me with this? Should i remove it?
    > I got 80gb hdd 256MB RAM 2.1ghz
    > thanx

    "dumb spidey" <dumb spidey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    | Hi everyone
    | i got a program called Mem Turbo which is about 216 kb which
    claims to
    | extract free RAM from the system. ive used it twice but i cant
    figure out if
    | it really works.Can u pls hlp
    | me with this? Should i remove it?
    | I got 80gb hdd 256MB RAM 2.1ghz
    | thanx

    Yes, you should remove it. Windoes purposely tries to use almost
    all of RAM on purpose in an attempt to have whatever you do next,
    ready in RAM for you. Pulling out those little extra pieces of
    data can only result in no change, or wasted time as it goes out
    to find and load that which your mem turbo removed.

    Memory optimization has not been needed in windows systems for a
    very long time. Unused RAM = wasted RAM according to some
    groups.

    Pop

    Hi,
    I use windows me . Does mem turbo work better for me? Or does it
    slow it down also? I tried windows me.new users news group.But no one
    answers about this topic.
    Thanks in advance.

    On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:32:46 -0500, "Mike Hall"
    <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote:

    >Remove it.. XP is well able to manage memory..
    >

    >"dumb spidey" <dumb spidey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi everyone
    >> i got a program called Mem Turbo which is about 216 kb which claims to
    >> extract free RAM from the system. ive used it twice but i cant figure out
    >> if
    >> it really works.Can u pls hlp
    >> me with this? Should i remove it?
    >> I got 80gb hdd 256MB RAM 2.1ghz
    >> thanx

    Anything running in the background of Win 9x/ME will take away from system
    resources and leave you vulnerable to crashes.. third party memory managers
    take more than they give back..

    "Sub Zero" <Subzero@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I use windows me . Does mem turbo work better for me? Or does it
    > slow it down also? I tried windows me.new users news group.But no one
    > answers about this topic.
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:32:46 -0500, "Mike Hall"
    > <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote:
    >
    >>Remove it.. XP is well able to manage memory..
    >>

    >>"dumb spidey" <dumb spidey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi everyone
    >>> i got a program called Mem Turbo which is about 216 kb which claims to
    >>> extract free RAM from the system. ive used it twice but i cant figure
    >>> out
    >>> if
    >>> it really works.Can u pls hlp
    >>> me with this? Should i remove it?