Mozilla Firefox problem

After I have installed the firefox browser for the first time, some thing
went wrong, every time I want to open a link, an alert window tells me that
access is denied.
I uninstalled and installed back again, same thing.
What Im doing wrong?
--
Jfern
10 answers Last reply

    ... asking a question about Firefox/Mozilla in an MS newsgroup?

    "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After I have installed the firefox browser for the first time, some thing
    > went wrong, every time I want to open a link, an alert window tells me
    > that
    > access is denied.
    > I uninstalled and installed back again, same thing.
    > What Im doing wrong?
    > --
    > Jfern

    You are right..

    "Mike Hall" wrote:

    > ... asking a question about Firefox/Mozilla in an MS newsgroup?
    >

    > "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > After I have installed the firefox browser for the first time, some thing
    > > went wrong, every time I want to open a link, an alert window tells me
    > > that
    > > access is denied.
    > > I uninstalled and installed back again, same thing.
    > > What Im doing wrong?
    > > --
    > > Jfern

    "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ..
    > After I have installed the firefox browser for the first time, some thing
    > went wrong, every time I want to open a link, an alert window tells me
    that
    > access is denied.
    > I uninstalled and installed back again, same thing.
    > What Im doing wrong?
    > --
    > Jfern

    Try
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/

    I didn't find anything obvious in the knowledgebase (except one for their
    email/news program), but you could ask questions in a forum.
    Supposedly XP is not only supported, but preferred.
    Have you used Firefox on other WIndows versions, and your problem is only
    with XP? I haven't installed it on my XP machine yet, but have used it for
    a while on Me.

    As much as I like Firefox, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE to ask questions about it.
    Go to the Mozilla website and ask on their news groups.

    --

    Regards:

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    If you knew half as much as you think you know,
    You'd realize you didn't know what you thought you knew!

    "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After I have installed the firefox browser for the first time, some thing
    > went wrong, every time I want to open a link, an alert window tells me
    > that
    > access is denied.
    > I uninstalled and installed back again, same thing.
    > What Im doing wrong?
    > --
    > Jfern

    secnews.netscape.com NEWS GROUP SERVER

    Jack wrote:

    > After I have installed the firefox browser for the first time, some thing
    > went wrong, every time I want to open a link, an alert window tells me that
    > access is denied.
    > I uninstalled and installed back again, same thing.
    > What Im doing wrong?

    Firefox has nothing to do with Netscape.

    "Santa" <santa@comcast.ca> wrote in message news:ybOdnVi-V4RHOF7cRVn-qA@comcast.com...
    > secnews.netscape.com NEWS GROUP SERVER
    >

    > Jack wrote:
    >
    >> After I have installed the firefox browser for the first time, some thing
    >> went wrong, every time I want to open a link, an alert window tells me that
    >> access is denied.
    >> I uninstalled and installed back again, same thing.
    >> What Im doing wrong?

    WRONG!!!!

    Netscape USES MOZILLA ENGINE ( GREEKO)

    Firefox is Mozilla

    Mozilla Started up By AOL after Buying NETSCAPE..

    Fire Fox is the browser ( Stand alone) Thunder bird is The E-mail
    program ( Stand Alone)

    Mozilla is The combination of The TWO Browser & E-mail

    And NETSCAPE 7.2/ Mozilla 1.7.3 are identicale... just Name difference
    1.7.3 is just one upgrade above netscape, But the Release of the Next
    next netscape update will make them EQUAL.

    Jack wrote:
    > After I have installed the firefox browser for the first time, some thing
    > went wrong, every time I want to open a link, an alert window tells me that
    > access is denied.
    > I uninstalled and installed back again, same thing.
    > What Im doing wrong?
    Check your firewall settings
    Check firefox config settings
    -max

    --
    Keeping Windows Clean: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html
    Virus Cleaning+Fixes: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/TechPros

    Try here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=38

    Tom wrote:
    > Firefox has nothing to do with Netscape.

    That's the name of the news swerver where all the Netscape/Mozilla groups
    are hosted.

Browsers Firefox Microsoft Windows XP