Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

After I have installed the firefox browser for the first time, some thing
went wrong, every time I want to open a link, an alert window tells me that
access is denied.
I uninstalled and installed back again, same thing.
What Im doing wrong?
--
Jfern

... asking a question about Firefox/Mozilla in an MS newsgroup?

"Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After I have installed the firefox browser for the first time, some thing
> went wrong, every time I want to open a link, an alert window tells me
> that
> access is denied.
> I uninstalled and installed back again, same thing.
> What Im doing wrong?
> --
> Jfern

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

You are right..

"Mike Hall" wrote:

> ... asking a question about Firefox/Mozilla in an MS newsgroup?
>

> "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After I have installed the firefox browser for the first time, some thing
> > went wrong, every time I want to open a link, an alert window tells me
> > that
> > access is denied.
> > I uninstalled and installed back again, same thing.
> > What Im doing wrong?
> > --
> > Jfern

"Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ..
> After I have installed the firefox browser for the first time, some thing
> went wrong, every time I want to open a link, an alert window tells me
that
> access is denied.
> I uninstalled and installed back again, same thing.
> What Im doing wrong?
> --
> Jfern

Try
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/

I didn't find anything obvious in the knowledgebase (except one for their
email/news program), but you could ask questions in a forum.
Supposedly XP is not only supported, but preferred.
Have you used Firefox on other WIndows versions, and your problem is only
with XP? I haven't installed it on my XP machine yet, but have used it for
a while on Me.

As much as I like Firefox, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE to ask questions about it.
Go to the Mozilla website and ask on their news groups.

--

Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

If you knew half as much as you think you know,
You'd realize you didn't know what you thought you knew!

"Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After I have installed the firefox browser for the first time, some thing
> went wrong, every time I want to open a link, an alert window tells me
> that
> access is denied.
> I uninstalled and installed back again, same thing.
> What Im doing wrong?
> --
> Jfern

santa

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

secnews.netscape.com NEWS GROUP SERVER

Jack wrote:

> After I have installed the firefox browser for the first time, some thing
> went wrong, every time I want to open a link, an alert window tells me that
> access is denied.
> I uninstalled and installed back again, same thing.
> What Im doing wrong?

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Firefox has nothing to do with Netscape.

"Santa" <santa@comcast.ca> wrote in message news:ybOdnVi-V4RHOF7cRVn-qA@comcast.com...
> secnews.netscape.com NEWS GROUP SERVER
>

> Jack wrote:
>
>> After I have installed the firefox browser for the first time, some thing
>> went wrong, every time I want to open a link, an alert window tells me that
>> access is denied.
>> I uninstalled and installed back again, same thing.
>> What Im doing wrong?

santa

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

WRONG!!!!

Netscape USES MOZILLA ENGINE ( GREEKO)

Firefox is Mozilla

Mozilla Started up By AOL after Buying NETSCAPE..

Fire Fox is the browser ( Stand alone) Thunder bird is The E-mail
program ( Stand Alone)

Mozilla is The combination of The TWO Browser & E-mail

And NETSCAPE 7.2/ Mozilla 1.7.3 are identicale... just Name difference
1.7.3 is just one upgrade above netscape, But the Release of the Next
next netscape update will make them EQUAL.

Jack wrote:
> After I have installed the firefox browser for the first time, some thing
> went wrong, every time I want to open a link, an alert window tells me that
> access is denied.
> I uninstalled and installed back again, same thing.
> What Im doing wrong?
Check your firewall settings
Check firefox config settings
-max

--
Keeping Windows Clean: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html
Virus Cleaning+Fixes: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/TechPros

"Max M.Wachtel III" wrote:

> Jack wrote:
> > After I have installed the firefox browser for the first time, some thing
> > went wrong, every time I want to open a link, an alert window tells me that
> > access is denied.
> > I uninstalled and installed back again, same thing.
> > What Im doing wrong?
> Check your firewall settings
> Check firefox config settings
> -max
>
> --
> Keeping Windows Clean: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html
> Virus Cleaning+Fixes: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/TechPros
> Change nomail.afraid.org to neo.rr.com so you can reply by e-mail
> (nomail.afraid.org has been set up specifically for
> use in Usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

Try here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=38

Gordon

Tom wrote:
> Firefox has nothing to do with Netscape.

That's the name of the news swerver where all the Netscape/Mozilla groups
are hosted.