Error on install xp SR2

When upgrading from win2000 til XP the installation failed with the following
message:
Manifest Parse Error: Invalid at the top level of document
Installation faailed d:I396\asms\...\RTCDLL.man on line 0

My tree years old compaq presario now denies me access because it insist in
finishing the installation - and then fail

help
1 answer Last reply
More about error install

    Hi,

    Could be a bad CD.
    "Manifest Parse Invalid at the Top Level of the Document" Error
    Message When You Try to Install Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;331881

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

    h.mogensen wrote:
    > When upgrading from win2000 til XP the installation
    > failed with the following message:
    > Manifest Parse Error: Invalid at the top level of document
    > Installation faailed d:I396\asms\...\RTCDLL.man on line 0
    >
    > My tree years old compaq presario now denies me access
    > because it insist in finishing the installation - and
    > then fail
    >
    > help

Microsoft Windows XP