Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

for some reason I can no longer use my hotmail acct. I have had for
years..can anyone help me?..The new service pack has been installed other
than that I haven`t changed anything..
--
bob

If you don't use a Hotmail account for 30 days they close
the account. You can go to www.hotmail.com and reactivate
on the same account but all you old email and data is
probably gone.

If you were using Outlook Express to connect to Hotmail you
might not have seen the messages. If you have been using
the web interface, and can connect to the Internet at all,
Hotmail should work, but there are some security settings as
Hotmail logs in and switches servers, check that you have
Hotmail.com in the normal Internet Zone and it is set at
default.

--
Merry Christmas
Have a Safe and Happy New Year
"bob" <usstalbot@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| for some reason I can no longer use my hotmail acct. I
have had for
| years..can anyone help me?..The new service pack has been
installed other
| than that I haven`t changed anything..
| --
| bob

"bob" <usstalbot@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> for some reason I can no longer use my hotmail acct. I have had for
> years..can anyone help me?..The new service pack has been installed
> other
> than that I haven`t changed anything..
> --
> bob

How are you accessing Hotmail? Via e-mail client using WebDAV (i.e.,
Outlook or Outlook Express), or using their webmail interface via
browser?

"Can no longer use" tells us nothing about what is happening. You
cannot login to the account? Pages don't display? Cannot to server in
e-mail client? Your hands got chopped off? What?

Email: lh_811newsATyahooDOTcom AND append "=NEWS=" to Subject.

If you were using an email client like Outlook, OE, etc. to access your
hotmail account, then be advised that MSN discontinued free access to
hotmail and MSN mail in Outlook and OE. You have to upgrade your hotmail
account and pay @ 20.00 bucks a year to be able to do that. You'll have to
go to MSN.com and dig down into the Hotmail information to find this out.
They didn't publicize this as much as they should have.

"bob" <usstalbot@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> for some reason I can no longer use my hotmail acct. I have had for
> years..can anyone help me?..The new service pack has been installed other
> than that I haven`t changed anything..
> --
> bob

Bob:

I am wondering if you may be having the same problem as I am. For some
reasonwithin the last month and a half, my wife and daughter can no longer
access their accounts. They can successfully sign in with their acct names
and passwords, but for some reason on the bottom browser bar the y get the
fol msg; "error on page". They can see that they have mail in their inbox,
but they cannot open them.

Now this is the first time that I have used this bulletin board service. I
cannot seem to post my own questions, therefore I am doing it this way. If
anyone reads this and can help me plse fwd replies to

mprowse@isn.net

I realize I should not post the above in that it leaves me open to spammers,
but I would like to rectify this problem for the family.

anybody who could help, it would be appreciated.. guido

"Augie Doggie" wrote:

> If you were using an email client like Outlook, OE, etc. to access your
> hotmail account, then be advised that MSN discontinued free access to
> hotmail and MSN mail in Outlook and OE. You have to upgrade your hotmail
> account and pay @ 20.00 bucks a year to be able to do that. You'll have to
> go to MSN.com and dig down into the Hotmail information to find this out.
> They didn't publicize this as much as they should have.
>

> "bob" <usstalbot@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > for some reason I can no longer use my hotmail acct. I have had for
> > years..can anyone help me?..The new service pack has been installed other
> > than that I haven`t changed anything..
> > --
> > bob

That applies to new accounts, if you had the account and had
previously set it up in Outlook or Outlook Express they are
still working, at lest my free account are all working and
have been upgrade for free to 250 MB.

--
"Augie Doggie" <zippy@pinhead.org> wrote in message
| If you were using an email client like Outlook, OE, etc.
to access your
| hotmail account, then be advised that MSN discontinued
free access to
| hotmail and MSN mail in Outlook and OE. You have to
upgrade your hotmail
| account and pay @ 20.00 bucks a year to be able to do
that. You'll have to
| go to MSN.com and dig down into the Hotmail information to
find this out.
| They didn't publicize this as much as they should have.
|

| "bob" <usstalbot@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| > for some reason I can no longer use my hotmail acct. I
have had for
| > years..can anyone help me?..The new service pack has
been installed other
| > than that I haven`t changed anything..
| > --
| > bob

ali

I have the same problem too. Tried every thing possible but of no use.
However, i can access hotmail using Netscape / Firefox Browser. Try it
Ali

"bob" wrote:

> for some reason I can no longer use my hotmail acct. I have had for
> years..can anyone help me?..The new service pack has been installed other
> than that I haven`t changed anything..
> --
> bob

Gordon

Jim Macklin wrote:
> That applies to new accounts, if you had the account and had
> previously set it up in Outlook or Outlook Express they are
> still working, at lest my free account are all working and
> have been upgrade for free to 250 MB.

Apparently MSN are looking to switch off all free Hotmail access unless by
browser some time in 2005

Hotmail Popper is waiting (slight one time fee) for then,
YahooPops! is free download for Yahoo Mail into OE.
Somebody will do same for Hotmail.

"Gordon" <gordonbp1@yahoo.invalid> wrote in message
| Jim Macklin wrote:
| > That applies to new accounts, if you had the account and
had
| > previously set it up in Outlook or Outlook Express they
are
| > still working, at lest my free account are all working
and
| > have been upgrade for free to 250 MB.
| >

| Apparently MSN are looking to switch off all free Hotmail
access unless by
| browser some time in 2005

Not in my account they haven't, I still get my mail through OE and have
never paid for it to be upgraded plus they have given me more storage
space.
Joan

On 18/12/2004 Joan Archer wrote:

> Not in my account they haven't, I still get my mail through OE and
> have never paid for it to be upgraded plus they have given me more
> storage space.
> Joan

They will roll out the change from January 2005, a curse because I just
paid for Hotmail Popper :-(

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
Posted with XanaNews 1.16.5.2 http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/delphi.htm

When did this occur?

I use Outlook to access my Hotmail email account, and have not had to pay
nor have I stopped receiving messages...

--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the
way of the man that's doing it."

Augie Doggie wrote:
> If you were using an email client like Outlook, OE, etc. to access
> your hotmail account, then be advised that MSN discontinued free
> access to hotmail and MSN mail in Outlook and OE. You have to
> upgrade your hotmail account and pay @ 20.00 bucks a year to be able
> to do that. You'll have to go to MSN.com and dig down into the
> Hotmail information to find this out. They didn't publicize this as
> much as they should have.
>

> "bob" <usstalbot@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> for some reason I can no longer use my hotmail acct. I have had for
>> years..can anyone help me?..The new service pack has been installed
>> other than that I haven`t changed anything..
>> --
>> bob

Gordon

Don Burnette wrote:
> When did this occur?
>
> I use Outlook to access my Hotmail email account, and have not had to
> pay nor have I stopped receiving messages...

It doesn't apply to existing accounts *yet* but will do so some time in 2005