george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

i up graded to xp today from win 98 se.i also got a quicker esb
port.everything re installed fine but i just got a i pod and when i go to
install software for the i pod,i get a 1628 error message saying installation
failed.i pod support says its a windows prob and i prob need a update but no
up dates seem to be available.anyone else have this problem?
--
He shoots,he scores!!!!

Your iPod software probably was for W98, download the XP
version.

Did you mean USB and not esb? It takes a hardware upgrade
to get faster USB from 1.1 to USB 2.0, not just a OS change.

--
Merry Christmas
Have a Safe and Happy New Year
"George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|i up graded to xp today from win 98 se.i also got a quicker
esb
| port.everything re installed fine but i just got a i pod
and when i go to
| install software for the i pod,i get a 1628 error message
saying installation
| failed.i pod support says its a windows prob and i prob
need a update but no
| up dates seem to be available.anyone else have this
problem?
| --
| He shoots,he scores!!!!

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

when i put the i pod software in my computer,i got a message telling me i
need windows 2000 or xp because win 98 wasnt sufficient.so got xp and now the
softeware and i pod will not take to the process.dont know what to do...
thank for the reply!