Verizon Lockline Insurance for Kyocera (watch out!)

Last response: in Network Providers
June 11, 2004 4:19:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,microsoft.public.pocketpc,comp.sys.palmtops,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.cellular-phone-tech (More info?)

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Tera Baap asked:
> I lost my cell phone ... could someone tell me how the insurance works?
> How much is the deductible? I have (oh...had) an Audiovox CDM 9500.
> They don't sell them anymore so do they give me different phone ...?
> From: Steve Crow (scrow@stevecrow.net)
> Subject: Re: Insurance Question...
> Newsgroups: alt.cellular.verizon
> Date: 2003-10-29 19:02:42 PST
>
> Deductible is generally $50, though I think some markets may have a $35
> deductible ... either Lockline or Asurion ... replacements are almost
> always refurbished ... If there are no 9500's available ... they will
> provide you something they deem comparable. That could be anything ...

Be careful! I think I'm screwed using the Verizon Lockline insurance
http://www.lockline.com for my Verizon Kyocera QCP6035 PDA/Cellphone.

In a dozen steps, here's how I (think I) got screwed:

1. I bought Verizon LockLine insurance (about 5 bucks a month) in November.
2. I dropped my Kyocera QCP6035 pda cellphone in May & the glass shattered.
3. I called Verizon Lockline 877-646-7874 for a $35 deductable replacement.
4. Verizon Lockline no longer ships the Kyocera QCP 6035 pda cellphone.
5. Verizon Lockline shipped me a Kyocera QCP7135 sans the accessories.
6. Yup. No battery. No charger. No 12-volt adapter. No cradle. No CDROM.
No serial cable. No manual. No box. No instructions. No nothing.
7. All Verizon Lockline shipped was a reconditioned phone & leather case.
8. Yet, none of the original QCP 6035 accessories fit the new Kyocera 7135!
9. I complained to Verizon Lockline (numerous times) by telephone.
10. Verizon Lockline separately shipped a charger, adapter, manual & battery.
11. But, VZW Lockline won't cover the 7135 cradle, serial cable, or CDROM!
12. So, I have a working cell phone - but I'm missing all PDA accessories!

Moral of my story:
- Please ask about VZW Verizon Lockline insurance BEFORE you sign up!

My QUESTION:
- Do you know how to obtain a VZW Kyocera 7135 cradle, cables, & CDROM?

Linda Donovan
Anonymous
June 11, 2004 4:35:36 PM

Linda Donovan wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Tera Baap asked:
>> I lost my cell phone ... could someone tell me how the insurance
>> works? How much is the deductible? I have (oh...had) an Audiovox
>> CDM 9500. They don't sell them anymore so do they give me different
>> phone ...?
>> From: Steve Crow (scrow@stevecrow.net)
>> Subject: Re: Insurance Question...
>> Newsgroups: alt.cellular.verizon
>> Date: 2003-10-29 19:02:42 PST
>>
>> Deductible is generally $50, though I think some markets may have a
>> $35 deductible ... either Lockline or Asurion ... replacements are
>> almost always refurbished ... If there are no 9500's available ...
>> they will provide you something they deem comparable. That could be
>> anything ...
>
> Be careful! I think I'm screwed using the Verizon Lockline insurance
> http://www.lockline.com for my Verizon Kyocera QCP6035 PDA/Cellphone.
>
> In a dozen steps, here's how I (think I) got screwed:
>
> 1. I bought Verizon LockLine insurance (about 5 bucks a month) in
> November.
> 2. I dropped my Kyocera QCP6035 pda cellphone in May & the glass
> shattered.
> 3. I called Verizon Lockline 877-646-7874 for a $35 deductable
> replacement.
> 4. Verizon Lockline no longer ships the Kyocera QCP 6035 pda
> cellphone.
> 5. Verizon Lockline shipped me a Kyocera QCP7135 sans the accessories.
> 6. Yup. No battery. No charger. No 12-volt adapter. No cradle. No
> CDROM. No serial cable. No manual. No box. No instructions. No
> nothing.
> 7. All Verizon Lockline shipped was a reconditioned phone & leather
> case.
> 8. Yet, none of the original QCP 6035 accessories fit the new Kyocera
> 7135!
> 9. I complained to Verizon Lockline (numerous times) by telephone.
> 10. Verizon Lockline separately shipped a charger, adapter, manual &
> battery.
> 11. But, VZW Lockline won't cover the 7135 cradle, serial cable, or
> CDROM!
> 12. So, I have a working cell phone - but I'm missing all PDA
> accessories!
>
> Moral of my story:
> - Please ask about VZW Verizon Lockline insurance BEFORE you sign up!
>
> My QUESTION:
> - Do you know how to obtain a VZW Kyocera 7135 cradle, cables, &
> CDROM?
>
> Linda Donovan

Doesn't the "Total Coverage" which goes for $4.99 instead of $3.99 per month
cover accessories too? Maybe you only need to tell them that you lost your
accessories (cradle, cables, & CDROM) with the phone?

-Quick

-Quick
Anonymous
June 11, 2004 7:30:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,microsoft.public.pocketpc,comp.sys.palmtops,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.cellular-phone-tech (More info?)

ebay

"Linda Donovan" <linda1582001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Tera Baap asked:
> > I lost my cell phone ... could someone tell me how the insurance works?
> > How much is the deductible? I have (oh...had) an Audiovox CDM 9500.
> > They don't sell them anymore so do they give me different phone ...?
> > From: Steve Crow (scrow@stevecrow.net)
> > Subject: Re: Insurance Question...
> > Newsgroups: alt.cellular.verizon
> > Date: 2003-10-29 19:02:42 PST
> >
> > Deductible is generally $50, though I think some markets may have a $35
> > deductible ... either Lockline or Asurion ... replacements are almost
> > always refurbished ... If there are no 9500's available ... they will
> > provide you something they deem comparable. That could be anything ...
>
> Be careful! I think I'm screwed using the Verizon Lockline insurance
> http://www.lockline.com for my Verizon Kyocera QCP6035 PDA/Cellphone.
>
> In a dozen steps, here's how I (think I) got screwed:
>
> 1. I bought Verizon LockLine insurance (about 5 bucks a month) in
November.
> 2. I dropped my Kyocera QCP6035 pda cellphone in May & the glass
shattered.
> 3. I called Verizon Lockline 877-646-7874 for a $35 deductable
replacement.
> 4. Verizon Lockline no longer ships the Kyocera QCP 6035 pda cellphone.
> 5. Verizon Lockline shipped me a Kyocera QCP7135 sans the accessories.
> 6. Yup. No battery. No charger. No 12-volt adapter. No cradle. No CDROM.
> No serial cable. No manual. No box. No instructions. No nothing.
> 7. All Verizon Lockline shipped was a reconditioned phone & leather case.
> 8. Yet, none of the original QCP 6035 accessories fit the new Kyocera
7135!
> 9. I complained to Verizon Lockline (numerous times) by telephone.
> 10. Verizon Lockline separately shipped a charger, adapter, manual &
battery.
> 11. But, VZW Lockline won't cover the 7135 cradle, serial cable, or CDROM!
> 12. So, I have a working cell phone - but I'm missing all PDA accessories!
>
> Moral of my story:
> - Please ask about VZW Verizon Lockline insurance BEFORE you sign up!
>
> My QUESTION:
> - Do you know how to obtain a VZW Kyocera 7135 cradle, cables, & CDROM?
>
> Linda Donovan
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 1:11:49 AM

On 11 Jun 2004 12:19:21 -0700, linda1582001@yahoo.com (Linda Donovan)
wrote:

>4. Verizon Lockline no longer ships the Kyocera QCP 6035 pda cellphone.

Can anyone else verify this? I work in an indirect store, and I've
seen people get the 6035. I tihnk it's a case by case basis, i.e. they
may have a 6035 one day but not the next.

Evan

>5. Verizon Lockline shipped me a Kyocera QCP7135 sans the accessories.

They usually ask, no?
June 12, 2004 7:30:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,microsoft.public.pocketpc,comp.sys.palmtops,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.cellular-phone-tech (More info?)

"Linda Donovan" <linda1582001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Tera Baap asked:
> > I lost my cell phone ... could someone tell me how the insurance works?
> > How much is the deductible? I have (oh...had) an Audiovox CDM 9500.
> > They don't sell them anymore so do they give me different phone ...?
> > From: Steve Crow (scrow@stevecrow.net)
> > Subject: Re: Insurance Question...
> > Newsgroups: alt.cellular.verizon
> > Date: 2003-10-29 19:02:42 PST
> >
> > Deductible is generally $50, though I think some markets may have a $35
> > deductible ... either Lockline or Asurion ... replacements are almost
> > always refurbished ... If there are no 9500's available ... they will
> > provide you something they deem comparable. That could be anything ...
>
> Be careful! I think I'm screwed using the Verizon Lockline insurance
> http://www.lockline.com for my Verizon Kyocera QCP6035 PDA/Cellphone.
>
> In a dozen steps, here's how I (think I) got screwed:
>
> 1. I bought Verizon LockLine insurance (about 5 bucks a month) in
November.
> 2. I dropped my Kyocera QCP6035 pda cellphone in May & the glass
shattered.
> 3. I called Verizon Lockline 877-646-7874 for a $35 deductable
replacement.
> 4. Verizon Lockline no longer ships the Kyocera QCP 6035 pda cellphone.
> 5. Verizon Lockline shipped me a Kyocera QCP7135 sans the accessories.
> 6. Yup. No battery. No charger. No 12-volt adapter. No cradle. No CDROM.
> No serial cable. No manual. No box. No instructions. No nothing.
> 7. All Verizon Lockline shipped was a reconditioned phone & leather case.
> 8. Yet, none of the original QCP 6035 accessories fit the new Kyocera
7135!
> 9. I complained to Verizon Lockline (numerous times) by telephone.
> 10. Verizon Lockline separately shipped a charger, adapter, manual &
battery.
> 11. But, VZW Lockline won't cover the 7135 cradle, serial cable, or CDROM!
> 12. So, I have a working cell phone - but I'm missing all PDA accessories!
>
> Moral of my story:
> - Please ask about VZW Verizon Lockline insurance BEFORE you sign up!
>
> My QUESTION:
> - Do you know how to obtain a VZW Kyocera 7135 cradle, cables, & CDROM?
>
> Linda Donovan

Sounds like you came out to the good to me. Value of the 7135 is FAR more
than the value of the 6035, even w/o the accessories.

KC
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 5:50:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,microsoft.public.pocketpc,comp.sys.palmtops,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.cellular-phone-tech (More info?)

> Sounds like you came out to the good to me. Value of the 7135 is FAR more
> than the value of the 6035, even w/o the accessories.

My Kyocera QCP6035 was stolen (along with an IBM laptop).

When I called Lockline early in May, they asked if I had the
12-volt car adaptor and leather case (those are the only
additional accessories Lockline insurance covered for me).

In two days, I had the Kyocera 7135 pda cell phone, the 12
volt adaptor, and the leather case with belt clip. No battery
or manual or Kyocera CD ROM was shipped, so I called Lockline
and they said, unbeknownst to them, their Kyocera supplier made
a mistake with every one of their May shipments. All Kyocera
QCP 7135 batteries were on backorder so I had to buy one
(TXBAT10034) from the local Verizon store (for 60 bucks + 8.25% tax!).

I'm not sure if this is the 1200 mAh or 900 mAh 3.7 volt battery pack
though, as I received a different one three weeks later from Lockline.
This belated one from Lockline was white (instead of black)
with the model number TXBAT10002 inscribed on the back but no Kyocera
branding or logo (all the items so far seem to be made in China).

I was dismayed that my extensive array of batteries for the now stolen
Kyocera QCP 6035 would not fit the new replacement Kyocera 7135.

Likewise with the 120v/240v travel charger. Lockline didn't supply it
for three weeks, and all my old ones didn't fit the replacement,
so I picked a nice small folding-tab unit at Frys (Belkin Model TC-28)
for 9.99 + 8.25% tax (input 110-240 VAC, 50-60Hz, output 5.3VDC 400mA).

But, still I didn't have a cradle, data cable, or CDROM.

Three weeks later, in yet another re-shipment from Lockline,
the missing Kyocera TXACA0C01 travel charger arrived (this one
at 5.2 VDC 400mA), along with the missing cellphone manual
(data transfer was not covered).

However, this charger didn't work at all (the phone didn't beep
when it was plugged in), so Lockline replaced their replacement,
interestingly, with a (much more powerful, yet larger) non-folding
5.4 volt 1400 mA travel charger.

Unfortunately for me, Lockline messed up somewhere by also sending
a second reconditioned Kyocera 7135 cellphone (this time with a battery),
a different second hard-plastic Kyocera brand belt clip, and a second
cellphone manual, all of which I still need to ship back to Lockline
with the pre-paid FedEx card they supplied in order to avoid the
reputed $100 charge-back fee (they say).

All in all, my biggest warning is to state that it may easily be a month before
you are back in business when Lockline replaces your Kyocera QCP6035 with
the newer Kyocera 7135. Even then, Lockline refuses to replace the cradle,
the cables, and the CDROM.

Remember, none of the old Qualcomm 6035 accessories fit the Kyocera 7135.
Lockline suggests you call Verizon directly for those PDA accessories.

So, I called 611 on my new Kyocera 7135 cellphone to talk to a very
responsive Verizon representative (Debbie) who immediately understood
the situation (amazingly) and responded quickly by saying she would send
within 14 business days the missing cradle & data cable (for only the
7 dollar shipping fee). She recommended I find some way to obtain the
CDROM software on my own, saying it may be downloadable from the Kyocera
or Verizon web sites.

Cost to replace my Qualcomm Cell Phone QCP6035 with a new Kyocera 7135 was
$5/month for Lockine insurance x 13 months = $65 (paid through Verizon)
$35 deductable (charged to my American Express credit card)
$60 battery from the Verizon store (which I now no longer need)
$10 charger from Frys (again, which I now no longer need)
$ 7 shipping for the cradle/data cable (charged to my Verizon phone bill)
----------
$177 + 3 weeks' aggravation (& still counting)

Cheap in terms of dollars; expensive in terms of lost cell-phone time.

Orak Listalavostok
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 7:05:44 PM

In message <QkFyc.23939$Yd3.19327@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>
"_KC_" <kc@kc.com> wrote:

>Sounds like you came out to the good to me. Value of the 7135 is FAR more
>than the value of the 6035, even w/o the accessories.

If you're strictly considering the financial "value", then yes.
However, if the 6035 was sufficient for the user's need, and they don't
have any available cash to replace the accessories, then that may well
not be the case.

I would keep my years-old m505 rather then a free Zire72 because the
Zire72 can't use my accessories. Even though the Zire72 is a better
unit and costs more, it would cost me more to replace all my accessories
then the price difference between the two.

--
Just sit through this NRA meeting Marge, and if you still
don't think guns are great then we'll argue some more.

DevilsPGD <UseTheReplyToField@crazyhat.net> wrote in message news:<c3_yc.17481766$Of.2903655@news.easynews.com>...
> > Value of the 7135 is FAR more than the value of the 6035
> I would keep my years-old m505 rather then a free Zire72

The problem isn't the cost. It's the aggravation & lost downtime.
It's going on a month and Lockline and I *still* do not have the
new Kyocera 7135 working the way the old Kyocera QCP 6035 was.

Plus, the second charger from LockLine already went on the fritz.

When I plug this now kaput 120V charger, the Kyocera 7135 cellphone
beeps incessantly. I don't know why. I'm afraid something is amiss.
The Kyocera 7135 just beeps and beeps and beeps until I unplug.

So, today, I stopped by the local Verizon store to pick up (for
$49.99 plus 8.25% tax) the Kyocera "Rapid Travel Charger" Model
TXTVL0C01, 4.5 VDC, 1.5 amps. This seems to work (beeps once).

My new question, not being an electrical engineer, is how to
compare the two working 120volt/240volt chargers I now have:
Belkin Model TC-28 for $10 at 5.3 volts dc, 400 mA
Kyocera Model TXTVL0C01 for $50 at 4.5 volts dc, 1500 mA
with the two broken Kyocera chargers Lockline sent me:
Kyocera Model TXACA0C01 for free at 5.2 volts dc, 400 mA
Kyocera Model TXACA0C01 for free at 5.2 volts dc, 400 mA
which I still have to send back to Lockline for a replacement
that actually works (don't they test these things?).

MY NEW QUESTION IS:
Out of the two chargers I bought which worked, which is better?
Is the charger with the higher voltage (5.3 vs 4.5) better;
or is the charger with the higher amperage (1500 milliAmps vs
400 Milli Amps) better?

Orak Listalavostok
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 2:13:08 AM

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 15:30:56 GMT, _KC_ wrote:

> Sounds like you came out to the good to me. Value of the 7135 is FAR more
> than the value of the 6035, even w/o the accessories.

Plus, the 7135 has a color screen, which makwes it easier to read.
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 2:13:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,microsoft.public.pocketpc,comp.sys.palmtops,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.cellular-phone-tech (More info?)

> But, VZW Lockline won't cover the 7135 cradle, serial cable, or CDROM!

Thanks to you, I called Verizon to ask for the missing cradle
& serial cable & CDROM. I called 611 from my 7135 as suggested.

Like you said, they can't send me the CDROM but they did say
they'd ship the 7135 cradle, serial cable & a few extra pointer
things & charge me only $10 dollars for shipping & handling.

Considering that Lockline chose the replacement phone (I would
have rathered a refurbished Qualcomm QCP 6035 than a refurbished
Kyocera 7135, although I can get used to either pda over time)
I'm glad Verizon will hopefully make good on the missing parts.

All I need is the CDROM & SD memory that comes with the phone.

Verizon said the Kyocera web site has the CDROM for download, but
I looked & looked & looked at http://www.kyocera.com to no avail.

Do you know the URL to the Kyocera 7135 CDROM content download?

Linda Donovan
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 2:13:10 AM

Linda Donovan wrote:

> All I need is the CDROM & SD memory that comes with the phone.

It never came with an SD card.

-Quick
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 2:13:10 AM

In alt.cellular.verizon Linda Donovan <linda1582001@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Verizon said the Kyocera web site has the CDROM for download, but
> I looked & looked & looked at http://www.kyocera.com to no avail.

Try www.kyocerawireless.com - kyocera.com is the parent company.

June 15, 2004 2:34:30 AM

;
; Verizon said the Kyocera web site has the CDROM for download, but
; I looked & looked & looked at http://www.kyocera.com to no avail.
;
; Do you know the URL to the Kyocera 7135 CDROM content download?

http://support.kyocera-wireless.com/kyoceraknowbase/roo...

The phone does not come with a memory card. You'd need to buy one
yourself regardless.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan <*> www.gordol.org
The from userid is killfiled <*> Send personal mail to gordol

"Weep for the future, Na'Toth, Weep for us all." (Amb. G'Kar, B5
"Revelations")
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 10:22:41 AM

In article <9b5f3f18.0406141806.2ee87821@posting.google.com>,
linda1582001@yahoo.com says...
> > But, VZW Lockline won't cover the 7135 cradle, serial cable, or CDROM!
>
> Thanks to you, I called Verizon to ask for the missing cradle
> & serial cable & CDROM. I called 611 from my 7135 as suggested.
>
> Like you said, they can't send me the CDROM but they did say
> they'd ship the 7135 cradle, serial cable & a few extra pointer
> things & charge me only $10 dollars for shipping & handling.
>
> Considering that Lockline chose the replacement phone (I would
> have rathered a refurbished Qualcomm QCP 6035 than a refurbished
> Kyocera 7135, although I can get used to either pda over time)
> I'm glad Verizon will hopefully make good on the missing parts.
>
> All I need is the CDROM & SD memory that comes with the phone.

The phone doesn't come with SD memory -- at least mine didn't.

> Verizon said the Kyocera web site has the CDROM for download, but
> I looked & looked & looked at http://www.kyocera.com to no avail.
>
> Do you know the URL to the Kyocera 7135 CDROM content download?

<http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/downloads/downloads.htm...; has the
contents of the CD-ROM.

--
Michael D. Sullivan
Bethesda, MD, USA

linda1582001@yahoo.com (Linda Donovan) wrote in message news:<9b5f3f18.0406141806.2ee87821@posting.google.com>...
> > VZW Lockline won't cover the 7135 cradle, serial cable, or CDROM!
> Like you said, they can't send me the CDROM but they did say
> they'd ship the 7135 cradle, serial cable & a few extra pointer
> things & charge me only $10 dollars for shipping & handling.

My (big) mistake!

Sure Verizon said (on the phone) they'd charge only $10 dollars
for shipping & handling. But they also charged for all the new
equipment they just shipped me at my recent telephone request.

I guess I misread what was suggested in this thread.
There's no such thing as a free lunch (even when Lockline
insurance ships you a different phone than what you owned).

Specifically, Verizon shipped (& charged to my VZW phone bill):
TXDTC10009 New-DTC:D UAL PORT KYOCERA 7135 (cradle) Price: $69.99
TXBAT10034 3.7V CV90-K1960-01 1100 mAh Lithium Ion Price: $59.99
TXTVL10013 TRAVEL CHARGER:KWC7135 T3 (charger) Price: $29.99
TXLCC10031 T3, KIT HOLSTER, VERIZON, ENG (holster) Price: $14.99
FEDEXSHP001 FEDEX 2 DAY ACCESSORY SHIPPING BY 7 PM Price: $10.00
+ Sales Tax

This 'free' telephone replacement is starting to get expensive!

And I still don't have an equal set of accessories (two cradles,
four batteries, three chargers, etc.) that I already had for my
original Qualcomm QCP 6035 that Lockline replaced with the 7135.

The new Kyocera 7135 cradle is MUCH heftier than the Qualcomm QCP6035
cradle was; and it comes with both a serial & USB connector, which
the QCP 6035 didn't. Both have the extra battery charger. Only the
plastic holster must be a joke. Why would I use that JC Whitneyesque
contraption. Where would you clamp it? On a purse strap?

The 120 volt / 240 volt charger Verizon shipped is wider & much
flatter (with convenient folding prongs) than the lousy Kyocera
120 volt (no 240 volt) TXACA0C01 huge (in comparison) & heavy
fixed-prong power supply Lockline supplied by default. If you've
got the choice, always go with the travel charger every time.
It leaves nothing to the AC charger (except price). Basically, it's
smaller, lighter, more convenient, and outpus three times more
juice (1500 mAh vs 400 mAh) than the standard Kyocera AC charger.

Upon review, I agree this new Kyocera 7135 is a very nice pda phone.

But, I too find the keypad unacceptable. At least 20% of the button
presses MISS THEIR MARK! Maybe it's my thin fingers, but I seem to
constantly misdial (by missing numbers). At night it's even worse
as the numbers are barely legible, they don't line up, and the red
& green start/stop buttons are inexplicably unlit! I guess it's time
for extensive voice training, because I'm gonna get into an accident
at night just trying to find the Kyocera 7135 send button.

I have not attempted the CDROM software downloads yet. But, I do
very much appreciate the URLs you wonderful VZW groupies suggested.

Linda Donovan ( Verizon Customer Number: 936-338-2231 )
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 6:34:28 PM

> [...]
> smaller, lighter, more convenient, and outpus three times more
> juice (1500 mAh vs 400 mAh) than the standard Kyocera AC charger.
>
> Upon review, I agree this new Kyocera 7135 is a very nice pda phone.
>
> But, I too find the keypad unacceptable. At least 20% of the button
> presses MISS THEIR MARK! Maybe it's my thin fingers, but I seem to
> constantly misdial (by missing numbers). At night it's even worse
> as the numbers are barely legible, they don't line up, and the red
> & green start/stop buttons are inexplicably unlit! I guess it's time
> for extensive voice training, because I'm gonna get into an accident
> at night just trying to find the Kyocera 7135 send button.
>
> I have not attempted the CDROM software downloads yet. But, I do
> very much appreciate the URLs you wonderful VZW groupies suggested.
>
> Linda Donovan ( Verizon Customer Number: 936-338-2231 )

Linda,
I suggest NOT posting your number.

I also feel for you. You had to pay for accessories
that you thought should have been free.

Guess it really does pay to read the fine print.
Now it'll be in 10 pt. instead of 8 pt. :)
And they call 10 pt. easy to read ;)

--
Andrew D. Sisson
Anonymous

On 19 Jun 2004 23:16:33 -0700, linda1582001@yahoo.com (Linda Donovan)
wrote:

>I guess I misread what was suggested in this thread.
>There's no such thing as a free lunch (even when Lockline
>insurance ships you a different phone than what you owned).

There are two different lockline programs: Standard and Pro (I believe
that's what they're called). Standard doen't cover any accessories, it
SHOULD replace the standard accessories if a different phone model is
shipped. The professional package replaces all accessories you may
have - batteries, leather cases, car chargers, etc. I don't think it's
right that they charge you for standard 'required' items, i.e. sync
cradle and plastic holster.

>This 'free' telephone replacement is starting to get expensive!

But hopefully cheaper than buying a new 7135.. :)

>And I still don't have an equal set of accessories (two cradles,
>four batteries, three chargers, etc.) that I already had for my
>original Qualcomm QCP 6035 that Lockline replaced with the 7135.

Hey if you want to sell your 7135, I'll give you $35.... :)

Evan