Startup when computer switched off

I close down my computer every night, but recently it has been switching
itself back on again sometime overnight. How can it do this? I have started
to switch off power at wall socket to stop this from happening, but would
like to know why this problem has occured, and how else I can stop it. I
close-down correctly each time, and the computer is definitely switched off
completely, not just asleep! The electrical plugs are in power surge
preventers. Any advice gratefully received

If you have Wake-On_LAN enabled in the BIOS, your telephone
or cable/DSL connection can turn the computer ON.
Open the BIOS, following the procedure given in your manual
and check. This should be covered in the manual.

--
Merry Christmas
Have a Safe and Happy New Year

See http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm