A7n8x Dlx sound issues

stupid_tech_geek

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
Just kinda tryin to get a handle on the whole snap crackle pop thing (LOL). I've heard that some people have a lot of crackling or popping when they play music or games. I've looked at a few proposed solutions and haven't seen the obvious. I'm wondering if anyone knows about magnetic distortion exerted by some soundcards. I've heard that this is a pretty common byproduct on some pci cards. Also I'm wondering if processor mhz might also be a factor. Don't know a whole lot about sound cards but I was hoping someone might weigh in on this. My system below, I have had distortion while running either 1.16 or 2.03 drivers. All others are current. This seems to happen only when I play games (ghost recon and Unreal (both versions))

Thanks

Regarding your problem, you have a classic ID10T error code. Do you have the box the computer came in? ARRRGH

CompSci

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
Had Sound interference on DVD playback... Would play ok a while, then scratchin/popin/wowin/flutterin a while!
Changed the cable, used old 40pin std IDE cable - All ok Now!!
Huh? Bad cable maybe? Maybe my two Atapi devices on the cable, Atapi devices, Artec DVD and LiteOn CDR in combination just don'tlike an new 80pin Ata-Ide cable?
If they like an old 40 pin cable and run smooth - let er run smooth...

Latest posts