ciuly

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
I had a weird problem with this combination. After about 20 seconds from power up, the mobo shuts down the monitor and after another 2 seconds it shuts down the pc also. I tested everything else, the psu, the ram and other devices connected to the mobo and they worked ok. Is there a compatibility prob between this core (TbredA) and this chipset?

I also tested the CPU (1.8TbredA) on a A7V8X mobo and it works fine.

Anybody knows if a bios upgrade can solve this compatibility prob?

Romania is a beautiful country, unfortunately it's inhabited.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ciuly on 02/23/03 10:00 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

YATLA

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2002
What OS are you using? I installed a 1.7Tbred on this MB without problems with WInXP. Have read that Win98 can cause problems with the nForce chipset.

spfowler

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2003
I've built two systems with this mobo: one with a 1700 and the other with a 2000. No problems with WinXP.

Are you using a video card or onboard video? Make sure the BIOS reflects what you are doing. If problems persist, try either using onboard video or installing a different card.
Good luck!

No AOL flames please. I've had this email address since 1994 and don't want to give it up!