Taskbar Differences ( Administrator vs Limited User )

Hi, I'm new to Windows XP Pro ( coming from Windows 98SE ).

I have found the following differences between the taskbar of a limited user
and an administrator.

1) In the Quick Launch toolbar: Large icons for limited - small icons for
administrator.
2) Administrator can turn off Language Bar between logoff/login - limited
cannot.
3) In the System Tray: Hiding Inactive Icons seems to work for the
administrator - not for limited.
4) In the system Tray: The "Spybot - Search & Destroy Resident" icon shows
in the administrator - not in the limited.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

pop

You didn't ask a question!?

Bractals wrote:
>> Hi, I'm new to Windows XP Pro ( coming from Windows 98SE ).
>>
>> I have found the following differences between the taskbar of
>> limited user and an administrator.
>>
>> 1) In the Quick Launch toolbar: Large icons for limited -
>> small
>> icons for administrator.
>> 2) Administrator can turn off Language Bar between
>> logoff/login -
>> limited cannot.
>> 3) In the System Tray: Hiding Inactive Icons seems to work for
>> the
>> administrator - not for limited.
>> 4) In the system Tray: The "Spybot - Search & Destroy
>> Resident" icon
>> shows in the administrator - not in the limited.

OK, Why the differences and how can I eliminate them if possible?

"Pop" wrote:

> You didn't ask a question!?
>
> Bractals wrote:
> >> Hi, I'm new to Windows XP Pro ( coming from Windows 98SE ).
> >>
> >> I have found the following differences between the taskbar of
> >> limited user and an administrator.
> >>
> >> 1) In the Quick Launch toolbar: Large icons for limited -
> >> small
> >> icons for administrator.
> >> 2) Administrator can turn off Language Bar between
> >> logoff/login -
> >> limited cannot.
> >> 3) In the System Tray: Hiding Inactive Icons seems to work for
> >> the
> >> administrator - not for limited.
> >> 4) In the system Tray: The "Spybot - Search & Destroy
> >> Resident" icon
> >> shows in the administrator - not in the limited.
> >>
> >> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1. Quick Launch toolbar icons are identical for all users. Each user can
modify the icons as they wish, subject only to network policy restrictions
imposed by the network administrator.

2. Any user can turn the Language toolbar on or off. System administrators
can set a network policy so the system starts with the Language toolbar on.

3. Hiding or showing inactive programs works equally for all users, subject
only to network policy restrictions set by network administrators.

4. For questions about Spybot Search and Destroy, contact that program's
technical support at:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/support/index.html
--
Ted Zieglar