Tiny personal firewall

HI everyone
Firstly i wud like to thank those who haave helped me solve my earlier
problems
now once again i need some help
theres this 'tiny personal firewall' in add/remove list in ctrl panel which
cant b removed using regedit (since i m a dumb spidey!)
Can u pls help
thanx

Jimmy

dumb spidey wrote:
> HI everyone
> Firstly i wud like to thank those who haave helped me solve my
> earlier problems
> now once again i need some help
> theres this 'tiny personal firewall' in add/remove list in ctrl
> panel which cant b removed using regedit (since i m a dumb spidey!)
> Can u pls help
> thanx

I just did a Google search on removing files left behind from unused
applications and would suggest you do the same and read a little. It was
interesting to learn what others have done. I find that many of these files
are not doing anything and don't use much drive space or ram. They just sit
there but if you want them gone then sometimes the best way is to reinstall
and remove them with the uninstall application that came with the install.
To edit the registry would be the last thing recommended to someone that has
no real problems other than a few unused files. There are applications like
'Clean Sweep' that can be used but it is good to install this in the
beginning to log all software installs. These days with the large hard
drives and OSes that run smoother little things like this are not a problem.
It used to be a good idea to do a clean install of windows periodically like
once a year as the system folders become bloated.

JMHO

J.

Thanx Jimmy i think i will able to solve this problem very soon though i
havent tried it yet
thanx fer ur help pal

"Jimmy" wrote:

> dumb spidey wrote:
> > HI everyone
> > Firstly i wud like to thank those who haave helped me solve my
> > earlier problems
> > now once again i need some help
> > theres this 'tiny personal firewall' in add/remove list in ctrl
> > panel which cant b removed using regedit (since i m a dumb spidey!)
> > Can u pls help
> > thanx
>
> I just did a Google search on removing files left behind from unused
> applications and would suggest you do the same and read a little. It was
> interesting to learn what others have done. I find that many of these files
> are not doing anything and don't use much drive space or ram. They just sit
> there but if you want them gone then sometimes the best way is to reinstall
> and remove them with the uninstall application that came with the install.
> To edit the registry would be the last thing recommended to someone that has
> no real problems other than a few unused files. There are applications like
> 'Clean Sweep' that can be used but it is good to install this in the
> beginning to log all software installs. These days with the large hard
> drives and OSes that run smoother little things like this are not a problem.
> It used to be a good idea to do a clean install of windows periodically like
> once a year as the system folders become bloated.
>
> JMHO
>
> J.

Never use Clean Sweep.. along with registry cleaners, programs like this are
more dangerous than using automated format processes..

"Jimmy" <jimmycliff@spamex.com> wrote in message

> dumb spidey wrote:
>> HI everyone
>> Firstly i wud like to thank those who haave helped me solve my
>> earlier problems
>> now once again i need some help
>> theres this 'tiny personal firewall' in add/remove list in ctrl
>> panel which cant b removed using regedit (since i m a dumb spidey!)
>> Can u pls help
>> thanx
>
> I just did a Google search on removing files left behind from unused
> applications and would suggest you do the same and read a little. It was
> interesting to learn what others have done. I find that many of these
> files
> are not doing anything and don't use much drive space or ram. They just
> sit
> there but if you want them gone then sometimes the best way is to
> reinstall
> and remove them with the uninstall application that came with the install.
> To edit the registry would be the last thing recommended to someone that
> has
> no real problems other than a few unused files. There are applications
> like
> 'Clean Sweep' that can be used but it is good to install this in the
> beginning to log all software installs. These days with the large hard
> drives and OSes that run smoother little things like this are not a
> problem.
> It used to be a good idea to do a clean install of windows periodically
> like
> once a year as the system folders become bloated.
>
> JMHO
>
> J.

Jimmy

Mike Hall wrote:
> Never use Clean Sweep.. along with registry cleaners, programs like
> this are more dangerous than using automated format processes..

Thanks for that info Mike. I have had that app around for some years now
and never really used it. I will dump it for sure.

J.

Hello;
You need a new keyboard. Your shift key is not working.
multum in parvo

"dumb spidey" <dumbspidey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HI everyone
> Firstly i wud like to thank those who haave helped me solve my earlier
> problems
> now once again i need some help
> theres this 'tiny personal firewall' in add/remove list in ctrl panel
> which
> cant b removed using regedit (since i m a dumb spidey!)
> Can u pls help
> thanx

peter

maybe he just cant type??:)