System Restore

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

My "Turn off System Restore" is greyed out. I recall doing something to this
but can't find it now.

XP Prof

--

Regards

John

Hi John, I don't use WinXP Pro, so most of this information is from my notes only:-

"Restore system restore services" #289
www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

System Restore Tab Missing
Check your settings here: For Pro: Start/Run/gpedit.msc. Computer Configuration,
Administrative Templates, System, System Restore.

Re-Enabling System Restore (WinXP Pro)
If you previously disabled system restore through the Group Policy Editor, the option
to start it again does not show in the System Properties. You can re-enable it again
by:

1. Run the Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc)
2. Go to Computer Configuration / Administrative Templates / System / System Restore
3. Set Turn off System Restore and Turn off Configuration to Disable
4. Right click on My Computer
5. Select Manage
6. Go to Services and Applications / Services
7. Scroll down to System Restore Service
8. Set it for Automatic
9. Click on the Start button to start the service
10. Close down this window
12. Now when you right click on My Computer, there should be a tab for System Restore
and you can configure how much space will be used.

"John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
> My "Turn off System Restore" is greyed out. I recall doing something to this but
> can't find it now.
>
> XP Prof
>
> --
>

> Regards
>
> John

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

"Taurarian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi John, I don't use WinXP Pro, so most of this information is from my
> notes only:-
>
> "Restore system restore services" #289
> www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>
> System Restore Tab Missing
> Check your settings here: For Pro: Start/Run/gpedit.msc. Computer
> Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, System Restore.
>
> Re-Enabling System Restore (WinXP Pro)
> If you previously disabled system restore through the Group Policy Editor,
> the option to start it again does not show in the System Properties. You
> can re-enable it again by:
>
> 1. Run the Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc)
> 2. Go to Computer Configuration / Administrative Templates / System /
> System Restore
> 3. Set Turn off System Restore and Turn off Configuration to Disable
> 4. Right click on My Computer
> 5. Select Manage
> 6. Go to Services and Applications / Services
> 7. Scroll down to System Restore Service
> 8. Set it for Automatic
> 9. Click on the Start button to start the service
> 10. Close down this window
> configured
> 12. Now when you right click on My Computer, there should be a tab for
> System Restore and you can configure how much space will be used.

It worked a treat - many thanks.

--

Regards

John