  • Desktops
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
December 19, 2004 9:29:04 PM

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a new HP computer with XP this week. I have applied a
number of basic programs to this and after doing so, the icons were removed
from the desktop and the computer needs a "hard" reset to turn off the
computer. I don't know how to resolve this problem.

Thanks for your help.

More about : missing icons desktop

Anonymous
December 21, 2004 11:42:13 PM

"bone2pick" wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I just purchased a new HP computer with XP this week. I have
> applied a
> number of basic programs to this and after doing so, the icons
> were removed
> from the desktop and the computer needs a "hard" reset to turn
> off the
> computer. I don't know how to resolve this problem.
>
> Thanks for your help.

What icons are missing? There are reasons that icons can be go
missing... Try going to Start / Control Panel / Display then click the
tab "Desktop", on the bottom you should have a button labeled
Customize Desktop. Click that and see if your missing icons are not
checked. If your icons are for installed programs you can easily drag
them from your start menu onto your desktop. When you say you have to
do a hard reset does that mean that the Start / Shutdown does not
work?

Rob
MCP+I, MCSE
A+, I-NET+, Network+