  • Command Prompt
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
December 20, 2004 5:49:40 AM

The drop down history in the "run" command on the start menu continually clears
by itself. I would like it to retain the history of frequently run programs.
Does anyone know the cause or a fix?

Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2.

More about : annoying problem

Anonymous
December 20, 2004 9:10:49 AM

"Michael Meyers" <meyers@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> The drop down history in the "run" command on the start menu
> continually clears by itself. I would like it to retain the history
> of frequently run programs. Does anyone know the cause or a fix?
>
> Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2.

If you are clearing history in IE, that will clear the Run history too.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 06:10:49 -0600, "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP"
<franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote:
I have I.E. properties set to keep history for 10 days, but I never manually
clear the history.

Any other ideas of what could be causing this?

!