Annoying Problem

The drop down history in the "run" command on the start menu continually clears
by itself. I would like it to retain the history of frequently run programs.
Does anyone know the cause or a fix?

Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2.
2 answers Last reply
More about annoying problem

    "Michael Meyers" <meyers@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > The drop down history in the "run" command on the start menu
    > continually clears by itself. I would like it to retain the history
    > of frequently run programs. Does anyone know the cause or a fix?
    >
    > Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2.

    If you are clearing history in IE, that will clear the Run history too.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 06:10:49 -0600, "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP"
    <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote:
    I have I.E. properties set to keep history for 10 days, but I never manually
    clear the history.

    Any other ideas of what could be causing this?

    >"Michael Meyers" <meyers@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    >> The drop down history in the "run" command on the start menu
    >> continually clears by itself. I would like it to retain the history
    >> of frequently run programs. Does anyone know the cause or a fix?
    >>
    >> Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2.
    >
    >If you are clearing history in IE, that will clear the Run history too.

Command Prompt Microsoft Windows XP