Fail to set up Windows XP

December 19, 2004 9:51:01 PM

My CPU is a D.I.Y and I was setting the cpu and the following happen:

The 1st time I run the installation disk for Windows XP Pro, I select "I do
not agree" to the terms and conditions. and the comp reboot by itself.

Later I wish to run again, it doesn't read the disk at all and it only
appear a blank screen.

Anyone can advice???

Desperate

More about : fail set windows

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
December 21, 2004 11:41:43 PM

"chan" wrote:
> My CPU is a D.I.Y and I was setting the cpu and the following
> happen:
>
> The 1st time I run the installation disk for Windows XP Pro, I
> select "I do
> not agree" to the terms and conditions. and the comp reboot by
> itself.
>
> Later I wish to run again, it doesn't read the disk at all and
> it only
> appear a blank screen.
>
> Anyone can advice???
>
> Desperate

Are you installing a fresh version of XP? Are you booting to the CD or
are you installing from inside of 98 or 2000? When you say you get a
black screen, do you mean when you turn the PC on? If you can include
more information I will try and help you out.

Rob
MCP+I, MCSE
A+, I-NET+, Network+

--