Fail to set up Windows XP

My CPU is a D.I.Y and I was setting the cpu and the following happen:

The 1st time I run the installation disk for Windows XP Pro, I select "I do
not agree" to the terms and conditions. and the comp reboot by itself.

Later I wish to run again, it doesn't read the disk at all and it only
appear a blank screen.

Anyone can advice???

Desperate
1 answer Last reply
More about fail windows

    "chan" wrote:
    > My CPU is a D.I.Y and I was setting the cpu and the following
    > happen:
    >
    > The 1st time I run the installation disk for Windows XP Pro, I
    > select "I do
    > not agree" to the terms and conditions. and the comp reboot by
    > itself.
    >
    > Later I wish to run again, it doesn't read the disk at all and
    > it only
    > appear a blank screen.
    >
    > Anyone can advice???
    >
    > Desperate

    Are you installing a fresh version of XP? Are you booting to the CD or
    are you installing from inside of 98 or 2000? When you say you get a
    black screen, do you mean when you turn the PC on? If you can include
    more information I will try and help you out.

    Rob
    MCP+I, MCSE
    A+, I-NET+, Network+

    --