unable to use my CD- Rom drive.

My computer does not evan recognize that there is a CD-ROM drive in my
computer. I went through trouble shooting to reintall my CD-ROm drive and
at the end it told me that it was unable to install, I got the following
message.

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration
information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

What can I do?
Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about unable drive

    Were you ever able to use your CD-ROM drive? If not, you have a warranty
    issue to address with the system vendor.

    If you have been able to use your CD-ROM drive in the past, what were you
    doing on the computer at the time the drive stopped working?
    --
    Ted Zieglar

    "drock499" <drock499@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My computer does not evan recognize that there is a CD-ROM drive in
    my
    > computer. I went through trouble shooting to reintall my CD-ROm drive
    and
    > at the end it told me that it was unable to install, I got the following
    > message.
    >
    > Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration
    > information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
    >
    > What can I do?
    > Thanks

    Yes I was able to use the drive in the past. It just stopped working. I
    went to use it and it was not working. I can not pinn point when the problem
    started.

    "Ted Zieglar" wrote:

    > Were you ever able to use your CD-ROM drive? If not, you have a warranty
    > issue to address with the system vendor.
    >
    > If you have been able to use your CD-ROM drive in the past, what were you
    > doing on the computer at the time the drive stopped working?
    > --
    > Ted Zieglar
    >

    > "drock499" <drock499@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > My computer does not evan recognize that there is a CD-ROM drive in
    > my
    > > computer. I went through trouble shooting to reintall my CD-ROm drive
    > and
    > > at the end it told me that it was unable to install, I got the following
    > > message.
    > >
    > > Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration
    > > information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
    > >
    > > What can I do?
    > > Thanks

    Do you know how to get into your system BIOS? If not, post back and I can
    provide instructions. The BIOS is software built into your motherboard
    which, among other things, detects the hardware installed on your computer.

    If you are familiar with the BIOS, see if it detects your CD-ROM drive. If
    it does not detect the drive then one of two things has happened: 1) The
    cables connecting the drive to your motherboard have become loose; or 2) The
    drive no longer functions.

    It's rare that cables become loose on their own, but it can happen. The
    solution is to open the computer's and to unplug and re-plug both ends of
    the data cable and the power cable.
    --

    > Yes I was able to use the drive in the past. It just stopped working. I
    > went to use it and it was not working. I can not pinn point when the
    problem
    > started.
    >

    > "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
    >
    > > Were you ever able to use your CD-ROM drive? If not, you have a warranty
    > > issue to address with the system vendor.
    > >
    > > If you have been able to use your CD-ROM drive in the past, what were
    you
    > > doing on the computer at the time the drive stopped working?
    > > --
    > > Ted Zieglar
    > >

    > > "drock499" <drock499@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > My computer does not evan recognize that there is a CD-ROM drive
    in
    > > my
    > > > computer. I went through trouble shooting to reintall my CD-ROm
    drive
    > > and
    > > > at the end it told me that it was unable to install, I got the
    following
    > > > message.
    > > >
    > > > Windows cannot start this hardware device because its
    configuration
    > > > information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
    > > >
    > > > What can I do?
    > > > Thanks

    I do not know how to get into BIOS.

    "Ted Zieglar" wrote:

    > Do you know how to get into your system BIOS? If not, post back and I can
    > provide instructions. The BIOS is software built into your motherboard
    > which, among other things, detects the hardware installed on your computer.
    >
    > If you are familiar with the BIOS, see if it detects your CD-ROM drive. If
    > it does not detect the drive then one of two things has happened: 1) The
    > cables connecting the drive to your motherboard have become loose; or 2) The
    > drive no longer functions.
    >
    > It's rare that cables become loose on their own, but it can happen. The
    > solution is to open the computer's and to unplug and re-plug both ends of
    > the data cable and the power cable.
    > --
    > Ted Zieglar
    >

    > "drock499" <drock499@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Yes I was able to use the drive in the past. It just stopped working. I
    > > went to use it and it was not working. I can not pinn point when the
    > problem
    > > started.
    > >

    > > "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Were you ever able to use your CD-ROM drive? If not, you have a warranty
    > > > issue to address with the system vendor.
    > > >
    > > > If you have been able to use your CD-ROM drive in the past, what were
    > you
    > > > doing on the computer at the time the drive stopped working?
    > > > --
    > > > Ted Zieglar
    > > >

    > > > "drock499" <drock499@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > in
    > > > my
    > drive
    > > > and
    > following

    > configuration

    For most computers, you enter the BIOS by restarting your computer and
    repeatedly pressing the F2 or Delete key.

    If you are really unfamiliar with the BIOS it's best not to go there. One
    wrong move can prevent your computer from booting. I think it's time for you
    to take your problem to a knowledgable friend or a professional - it will be
    money well spent.

    > I do not know how to get into BIOS.
    >

    > "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
    >
    >> Do you know how to get into your system BIOS? If not, post back and I can
    >> provide instructions. The BIOS is software built into your motherboard
    >> which, among other things, detects the hardware installed on your
    >> computer.
    >>
    >> If you are familiar with the BIOS, see if it detects your CD-ROM drive.
    >> If
    >> it does not detect the drive then one of two things has happened: 1) The
    >> cables connecting the drive to your motherboard have become loose; or 2)
    >> The
    >> drive no longer functions.
    >>
    >> It's rare that cables become loose on their own, but it can happen. The
    >> solution is to open the computer's and to unplug and re-plug both ends of
    >> the data cable and the power cable.
    >> --
    >> Ted Zieglar
    >>

    >> "drock499" <drock499@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Yes I was able to use the drive in the past. It just stopped working.
    >> > went to use it and it was not working. I can not pinn point when the
    >> problem
    >> > started.

    >> you

    >> in