excel on xp??

I have a 2 year old notebook with windows XP home
edition, that came w Excel and word. just got a new
desktop w windows, can't find excel, just has 'word
perfect' what am I missing? thought I ordered the same
OS as I had, both came with OEM xp home from same company
thanks

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:48:44 -0800, "jbd"
>I have a 2 year old notebook with windows XP home
>edition, that came w Excel and word. just got a new
>desktop w windows, can't find excel, just has 'word
>perfect' what am I missing? thought I ordered the same
>OS as I had, both came with OEM xp home from same company

Excel (or Word or Access) are not part of Windows

Word Perfect is also not part of Windows

Those were software "bundles" added to the computer
by the vendor you bought from

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications never came with any
operating system.
Some computer manufacturers have included some Office applications with
their new computers.

Check your invoice to see what is included.
You may need to buy what you need:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/default.mspx

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"jbd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a 2 year old notebook with windows XP home
> edition, that came w Excel and word. just got a new
> desktop w windows, can't find excel, just has 'word
> perfect' what am I missing? thought I ordered the same
> OS as I had, both came with OEM xp home from same company
> thanks

Excel and Word are not part of Windows. They need to be purchased separately
or as part of Microsoft Office.

Wordperfect is also separate from Windows. Your vendor added it to your
computer and included it in the price.

Ted Zieglar

"jbd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a 2 year old notebook with windows XP home
> edition, that came w Excel and word. just got a new
> desktop w windows, can't find excel, just has 'word
> perfect' what am I missing? thought I ordered the same
> OS as I had, both came with OEM xp home from same company
> thanks

papa

Excel, Word, and other Microsoft office software were never (and are not
now) a part of any Microsoft operating system. If any of them were on your
other computer, it was only because they were part of a software bundle that
the computer seller or computer manufacturer put there.

"jbd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a 2 year old notebook with windows XP home
> edition, that came w Excel and word. just got a new
> desktop w windows, can't find excel, just has 'word
> perfect' what am I missing? thought I ordered the same
> OS as I had, both came with OEM xp home from same company
> thanks

thanks to all. deep down, I used to know this, but been
a while since I was in the business. cheers

jbd wrote:
> I have a 2 year old notebook with windows XP home
> edition, that came w Excel and word. just got a new
> desktop w windows, can't find excel, just has 'word
> perfect' what am I missing? thought I ordered the same
> OS as I had, both came with OEM xp home from same company
> thanks

Ordering the same OS for the new computer would have little or no
affect upon the *applications* that come pre-installed.

Neither the Microsoft Office application suite, nor any of its
individual component applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
Outlook, etc.), have _ever_ been "part" of *any* Windows operating
system. They are, and always have been, separate applications, that
must be purchased and installed separately.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

I really don't know what I am doing here! I am trying to get some
information on
the program music match which came with my Dell computer. Is there someone I
could speak to?
"Bruce Chambers" wrote:

> jbd wrote:
> > I have a 2 year old notebook with windows XP home
> > edition, that came w Excel and word. just got a new
> > desktop w windows, can't find excel, just has 'word
> > perfect' what am I missing? thought I ordered the same
> > OS as I had, both came with OEM xp home from same company
> > thanks
>

> Ordering the same OS for the new computer would have little or no
> affect upon the *applications* that come pre-installed.
>
> Neither the Microsoft Office application suite, nor any of its
> individual component applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
> Outlook, etc.), have _ever_ been "part" of *any* Windows operating
> system. They are, and always have been, separate applications, that
> must be purchased and installed separately.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> both at once. - RAH

You will probably get a better answer at one of these two links:
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/
http://www.musicmatch.com/

--

see http://www.musicmatch.com/