Problem with MS Office Scanning / Imaging software

I'm using ----------------
Canon scanner -- "CanoScan n1240u".
Windows XP Pro
Windows Office XP Pro
IrfanView Ver.: 3.95

HERE IS WHAT I DID -----------------
A few days ago, I scanned photos using Microsoft Office Document Scanning /
Imaging software. They were automatically saved as TIF files. I then opened
them in IrfanView and saved them as JPG files. Everything worked perfectly.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM -----------------
Today, using the same software and hardware -- nothing changed -- images are
automatically saved as TIF files, just as they did a few days ago, but
IrfanView will not open new images scanned today. IrfanView gives me this
ERROR Message: "TIF Decode Error! -- Invalid or Unsupported TIF file". It
managed to open one color image scanned as a color image, but it opened it
as a black-and-white image.

Can anyone help?
1 answer Last reply
More about problem office scanning imaging software

    1. Your question was answered in the Office.misc newsgroup.
    2. Do not multi-post. If you must post to more that one newsgroup,
    cross-post.
    3. A Windows XP newsgroup is NOT the place to seek answers to problems with
    MS Office. See #1.

    --
    steve

    nhit_whit_thenut_@yahoo.com
    remove _thenut_ to reach me

    "Scot" <edwardh@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > I'm using ----------------
    > Canon scanner -- "CanoScan n1240u".
    > Windows XP Pro
    > Windows Office XP Pro
    > IrfanView Ver.: 3.95
    >
    > HERE IS WHAT I DID -----------------
    > A few days ago, I scanned photos using Microsoft Office Document Scanning
    /
    > Imaging software. They were automatically saved as TIF files. I then
    opened
    > them in IrfanView and saved them as JPG files. Everything worked
    perfectly.

    > HERE IS THE PROBLEM -----------------
    > Today, using the same software and hardware -- nothing changed -- images
    are
    > automatically saved as TIF files, just as they did a few days ago, but
    > IrfanView will not open new images scanned today. IrfanView gives me this
    > ERROR Message: "TIF Decode Error! -- Invalid or Unsupported TIF file".
    It
    > managed to open one color image scanned as a color image, but it opened it
    > as a black-and-white image.
    >
    > Can anyone help?

Office Software Windows XP