What is this rig worth (rough estimate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackus

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
Hello! I've been looking for a while to replace my desktop, as it is having serious problems and is about 5 years old. I love to game, mostly with friends, and have been looking for a midrange gaming pc - in the price range of 8-900$.

I just today came across an ad asking $650 for the following system, and wanted to know if the price is about right? I realize I dont have too many specifics on the exact specs and types of components, I've requested that info in an email and should be able to update this post if need be. That being said, I'm just trying to see if this is in the ballpark of a good deal - if not, I'm going to continue my research and build my own rig.

CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1055t 2.8 ghz.

RAM: 4gb of DDR3 ram - ad did not specify manufacturer or other info.

Video Card: ATI HD 5770, 1gb, GDDR5 - Have requested specific model/make.

Hard drive: 500GB SATA - I think, ad was vague.

Optical Drive: DVD-RW

Audio: Advertises "HD Audio"...not sure what that entails.

Motherboard: Ad doesn't specify - requested this info

Case - Doesn't specify, requested info. Pic shows a mid-large tower case.

Includes: 17 inch LC monitor, Logitech steering wheel (dont care), keyboard, and mouse.

Anyhow, the asking price is 650, and I'd appreciate any advice or opinions on whether this is worth investing time and money into. Sorry If I didn't use any proper format and I apologize for not having more specific info - I gave you all I had to work with. This isn't an ad by a dealer or mfr, just a private person.

Thanks in advance!!

makwy2

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Honestly 650 isn't bad from what you've got so far... but 550-600 is probably more the range you should pay. Does the cost include shipping charges? or is this a local sale?

Also.. I think this is filed under the wrong forum.

johnfunny

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
As far as i can tell your getting a pretty good deal there. Now without a OS i don't know, do you have one you could use or do you need to go buy one?

if it had a OS i'd say go for it best find that out first tho. is this from a store of preused kinda thing from a person in like a classified ad kinda thing?

Jackus

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010

I don't have an OS, but I intend to run windows 7. That's an added expense I would have to consider here, since this system doesn't appear to come with it.

This is being sold by a private person as their personal system, so yeah it's pre-used.

Status
Not open for further replies.