HC West, Misc items

Hey there fellow West HC players, I have a couple things I'd like to share
with y'all today:

* I've never done any serious MFing until recently. Since coming west and
seeing the other new players coming into/returning to the fold I decided we
needed some items, so I set aside my aversion to this facet of play. Things
have gone well and by Blizz Sorc has provided a decent base of things. My
mules are pretty well filled with average gear, and I'm loath to start
making additional accounts, so I've tried to pass anything of value on to
the rest. But there's not always someone on, and a lot of the times those
who are around don't take everything. So I created an account for overflow
items. I don't really desire to maintain it as a public mule account, but
more as just a dumping ground for extras (if someone else wants to organize
it, go for it). Anyone interested in having access to this account, AGDHC,
either Email me (at bongofuryATverizonDOTnet) or look for me on the realms.
Withdrawals and deposits are welcomed by all.

* I'm not real good at this MFing thing just yet. It takes me forever to
complete a Eldrich/Shenk/Pindle/Baal/Meph run. Most of you MFing veterans
would laugh if I told you how long it takes me. But during about the 30th
one of the day yesterday my Bilzz Sorc saw the dreaded 'deeds of valor'
screen in the Throne Room. It was the Venom Lords group. Nothing seemingly
that nasty, no killer mods. But one minute I was Blizzing away and the next
I was dead. Oh well, that's the way it goes in HC. She was a fine
Sugarmommy, and provided a lot of nice gear, so her deeds of valor will
indeed be remembered. L77, synergized Blizz with just the minimum of utility
skills. Maxed resists and blocking with around 310 MF. I had recently muled
off her haul, so the only thing of note lost in her stash was a Duriel's. I
saw elsewhere where Misfit was lamenting the scarcity of Topaz's. I have
several and I'd gladly give you as many as you want, but I suddenly have
need of them myself.
;-)

* Started rebuilding my MF Sorc. Figure the Blizz worked quite well, so I'll
just rebuild the last one. I got lucky and found a safe series of Chant
games that let me get to L25 and to Travincal. I then found Ruben and
Cinnavere and they were kind enough to get me past Mephisto, Diablo and the
Ancients, with the Anya quest thrown in for a bonus. Thanks again for the
help, it went a long way to getting the Sugarmommy back on her feet. I then
geared her up, and I'll hazard the dreaded public Baal runs later today. If
I'm lucky I can get from 30 to the mid 40s in around an hour. To that end I
have her resists at 85/75/75/75 with at least another 30 above that in all.
And best of all, her life is just over 600 at level 30. So if my luck isn't
there, hopefully this will help her survive the dreaded TPPKs. If all goes
well, I'll be bothering someone later tonight for a little help getting to
NM Mephisto. And from there she'll go back to work.

* If anyone has a light, exceptional, 3 socket armor I'd really like one to
make a Wealth armor. I could also use a decent 4 socket polearm so I could
make a new Insight stick for my merc. A Halberd or something exceptional
preferred. I have the runes for both, I'm just lacking the good base items.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury
3 answers Last reply
More about west misc items

    Mark wrote:
    > Hey there fellow West HC players, I have a couple things I'd like to
    share
    > with y'all today:
    >
    > * I've never done any serious MFing until recently. Since coming west
    and
    > seeing the other new players coming into/returning to the fold I
    decided we
    > needed some items, so I set aside my aversion to this facet of play.
    Things
    > have gone well and by Blizz Sorc has provided a decent base of
    things. My
    > mules are pretty well filled with average gear, and I'm loath to
    start
    > making additional accounts, so I've tried to pass anything of value
    on to
    > the rest. But there's not always someone on, and a lot of the times
    those
    > who are around don't take everything. So I created an account for
    overflow
    > items. I don't really desire to maintain it as a public mule account,
    but
    > more as just a dumping ground for extras (if someone else wants to
    organize
    > it, go for it). Anyone interested in having access to this account,
    AGDHC,
    > either Email me (at bongofuryATverizonDOTnet) or look for me on the
    realms.
    > Withdrawals and deposits are welcomed by all.
    >
    > * I'm not real good at this MFing thing just yet. It takes me forever
    > complete a Eldrich/Shenk/Pindle/Baal/Meph run. Most of you MFing
    veterans
    > would laugh if I told you how long it takes me. But during about the
    30th
    > one of the day yesterday my Bilzz Sorc saw the dreaded 'deeds of
    valor'
    > screen in the Throne Room. It was the Venom Lords group. Nothing
    seemingly
    > that nasty, no killer mods. But one minute I was Blizzing away and
    the next
    > I was dead. Oh well, that's the way it goes in HC. She was a fine
    > Sugarmommy, and provided a lot of nice gear, so her deeds of valor
    will
    > indeed be remembered. L77, synergized Blizz with just the minimum of
    utility
    > skills. Maxed resists and blocking with around 310 MF. I had recently
    muled
    > off her haul, so the only thing of note lost in her stash was a
    Duriel's. I
    > saw elsewhere where Misfit was lamenting the scarcity of Topaz's. I
    have
    > several and I'd gladly give you as many as you want, but I suddenly
    have
    > need of them myself.
    > ;-)

    GOD DAMN SON OF A..., sniff, I miss the SugarMommy or MrsSantaClaus as
    I called her.

    Damn I wanted to be able to do some Pit Runs with her once we hit Hell.
    now her and Jack are in the great beyond.

    > * Started rebuilding my MF Sorc. Figure the Blizz worked quite well,
    so I'll
    > just rebuild the last one. I got lucky and found a safe series of
    Chant
    > games that let me get to L25 and to Travincal. I then found Ruben and

    > Cinnavere and they were kind enough to get me past Mephisto, Diablo
    and the
    > Ancients, with the Anya quest thrown in for a bonus. Thanks again for
    the
    > help, it went a long way to getting the Sugarmommy back on her feet.
    I then
    > geared her up, and I'll hazard the dreaded public Baal runs later
    today. If
    > I'm lucky I can get from 30 to the mid 40s in around an hour. To that
    end I
    > have her resists at 85/75/75/75 with at least another 30 above that
    in all.
    > And best of all, her life is just over 600 at level 30. So if my luck
    isn't
    > there, hopefully this will help her survive the dreaded TPPKs. If all
    goes
    > well, I'll be bothering someone later tonight for a little help
    getting to
    > NM Mephisto. And from there she'll go back to work.

    My Zon just offed NM mepf this morning. That was fun sneaking through
    the Durance with those little dolls. Heh heh. She can help you get a
    rush through Andy and Duriel and maybe even the council and mepf. If
    Kasmir is on he can load in my cheeser and then he can get to mepf
    also. Depends on how much tiem he will be on and where his char is. Of
    course I have my ranger that I'd like to move ahead a little and
    perhaps he can do act 1 and 2 and then the more potent packed Zon can
    come in and mvoe you through mepf. My chanter has all the inportant WPs
    so we are in like Flint.

    > * If anyone has a light, exceptional, 3 socket armor I'd really like
    one to
    > make a Wealth armor. I could also use a decent 4 socket polearm so I
    could
    > make a new Insight stick for my merc. A Halberd or something
    exceptional
    > preferred. I have the runes for both, I'm just lacking the good base
    items.

    I'll look. I don't think I saved the threes because I'm a Smoke man
    myself. Outside of that I've still been looking for that 4 socket
    Gothic Plate for you.

    So when I saw you doing Baal runs at 7 AM this morn that was the new
    Frosty.

    I'll be on somewhere around 7 PM or so. I'm going to head over to see
    Kasmir now and see what his plans are tonight. He might be very
    enthused about cruising along with you.

    See you Bongo

    Orion Ryder

    > Regards-
    > Mark
    >
    > Bongo-Fury

    <I'll look. I don't think I saved the threes because I'm a Smoke man
    myself. Outside of that I've still been looking for that 4 socket
    Gothic Plate for you>

    Bongo, I think either Cinna or I have one of these 4 socket Gothic
    Plates muled away. You're welcome to it if you want.

    Ruben
    Posting from Google, for the first time ever! (so I can post from home,
    rather than at work)

    On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 12:13:12 +1200, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>
    wrote:

    >Mark wrote:
    >> But during
    >> about the 30th one of the day yesterday my Bilzz Sorc saw the dreaded
    >> 'deeds of valor' screen in the Throne Room. It was the Venom Lords
    >> group. Nothing seemingly that nasty, no killer mods. But one minute I
    >> was Blizzing away and the next I was dead.

    Damn, I have lost a lot of sorcs on NM Baal runs, and the last one,
    about a week back, is just a complete mystery to me. I was soloing on
    WSK 1 in a big game, just killing ordinary witches and death lords for
    xp after having offed Baal when, boom, deeds. No boss. No lag. No
    curse on. Just bang, 900 hp gone (all reses maxed, too). Witch got
    the kill, but I still have no idea what hit me so hard.

    A few rebuilds before that >:^( it was a stair trap at the NM throne
    while soloing unlooted (grrrr), but that time I just had time to get
    amped as I emerged at the bottom of the stairs and saw the welcoming
    committee of a dozen witches....

    -- Roy L

Video Games