Microsoft Office on windows XP problem

Hi people, I have probably a very silly question. Just got my new PC with XP
Home and Microsoft Ofice. I am usinf office for the first time on this
system so it's asking me for the 25 digit Product Key from the certificate.
I have, very very carefully, entered this code but it says it is invalid??
I'm 100% sure I have entered it correctly but the PC is not happy.

Any ideas?

Thanks
--
Dave
2 answers Last reply

    The product key for Windows and the product key for OFFICE
    are different. Windows is the operating system and the
    product key is on the computer case on a sticker (if OEM,
    which is most common) and the OFFICE pk is on a yellow label
    on the envelope that the CDs came in or the jewel case.

    Hope you didn't throw all the instruction manuals, envelopes
    and such "junk" away because you need the correct info. You
    might be able to contact the computer seller, some keep
    track of such info.

    --
    Merry Christmas
    Have a Safe and Happy New Year
    | Hi people, I have probably a very silly question. Just
    got my new PC with XP
    | Home and Microsoft Ofice. I am usinf office for the first
    time on this
    | system so it's asking me for the 25 digit Product Key from
    the certificate.
    | I have, very very carefully, entered this code but it says
    it is invalid??
    | I'm 100% sure I have entered it correctly but the PC is
    not happy.

    | Any ideas?
    |
    | Thanks
    | --
    | Dave

    Not the latest version but try:
    RTFYW-3TTD2-H9PD6-9QDYD-3YQR6

    I have found that if you try to
    install various pieces that there
    are different product codes for each.
    To get to those, you can use the
    above which you can reach from
    SETUPSTD.

    Skid

    Dave wrote:
    > Hi people, I have probably a very silly question. Just got my new PC with XP
    > Home and Microsoft Ofice. I am usinf office for the first time on this
    > system so it's asking me for the 25 digit Product Key from the certificate.
    > I have, very very carefully, entered this code but it says it is invalid??
    > I'm 100% sure I have entered it correctly but the PC is not happy.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks

Microsoft Office Windows XP