I have connected my PC to my laptop and can share everything that I want to
except the laptop cannot find the printer. I have walked through the XP
wizard and followed on both computers every bit of advice in the wizards but
all it will say on the laptop when I hit print is "no printer detected" Any
ideas?

"vegaspatk" wrote:
> I have connected my PC to my laptop and can share everything
> that I want to
> except the laptop cannot find the printer. I have walked
> through the XP
> wizard and followed on both computers every bit of advice in
> the wizards but
> all it will say on the laptop when I hit print is "no printer
> detected" Any
> ideas?

Could you please post your exact configuration? What printer are you
using? How is it connected? How are your 2 computers connected? Can
you see each computer in My Netowrk Places? Etc. I might be able to
help if I have a little more info.

Rob
MCP+I, MCSE
A+, I-NET+, Network+

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/New-Users-Shared-printer-problem-ftopict240319.html

I am using a hp printer and it is connected to my main pc. My laptop is
wireless and I use a router.(please excuse the lack of technical terms but
I am quite new at this) and wireless card to connect them. I can see each
computer in My network places and am able to share files between them. But I
can never use the printer. Hope this helps.

"roboco302" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> "vegaspatk" wrote:
> > I have connected my PC to my laptop and can share everything
> > that I want to
> > except the laptop cannot find the printer. I have walked
> > through the XP
> > wizard and followed on both computers every bit of advice in
> > the wizards but
> > all it will say on the laptop when I hit print is "no printer
> > detected" Any
> > ideas?
>
> Could you please post your exact configuration? What printer are you
> using? How is it connected? How are your 2 computers connected? Can
> you see each computer in My Netowrk Places? Etc. I might be able to
> help if I have a little more info.
>
> Rob
> MCP+I, MCSE
> A+, I-NET+, Network+
>
> --
> http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.WindowsForumz.com/New-Users-Shared-printer-problem-ftopict240319.html
> http://www.WindowsForumz.com/eform.php?p=729248

Install the printer to the laptop, so the printer drivers
are available. Then on the desktop, with the printer
actually connected, setup printer and file sharing.

--
Merry Christmas
Have a Safe and Happy New Year
"PatK" <vegaspatk@cox.net> wrote in message
|I am using a hp printer and it is connected to my main pc.
My laptop is
| wireless and I use a router.(please excuse the lack of
technical terms but
| I am quite new at this) and wireless card to connect them.
I can see each
| computer in My network places and am able to share files
between them. But I
| can never use the printer. Hope this helps.
|

| "roboco302" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in
message
| > "vegaspatk" wrote:
| > > I have connected my PC to my laptop and can share
everything
| > > that I want to
| > > except the laptop cannot find the printer. I have
walked
| > > through the XP
| > > wizard and followed on both computers every bit of
advice in
| > > the wizards but
| > > all it will say on the laptop when I hit print is "no
printer
| > > detected" Any
| > > ideas?
| >
| > Could you please post your exact configuration? What
printer are you
| > using? How is it connected? How are your 2 computers
connected? Can
| > you see each computer in My Netowrk Places? Etc. I might
be able to
| > help if I have a little more info.
| >
| > Rob
| > MCP+I, MCSE
| > A+, I-NET+, Network+
| >
| > --
| > http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted
by author's request
| > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet
standards

"Jim Macklin" wrote:
> Install the printer to the laptop, so the printer drivers
> are available. Then on the desktop, with the printer
> actually connected, setup printer and file sharing.
>

> --
> Merry Christmas
> Have a Safe and Happy New Year
> Live Long and Prosper
> Jim Macklin
> "PatK" <vegaspatk@cox.net> wrote in message
> |I am using a hp printer and it is connected to my main pc.
> My laptop is
> | wireless and I use a router.(please excuse the lack of
> technical terms but
> | I am quite new at this) and wireless card to connect them.
> I can see each
> | computer in My network places and am able to share files
> between them. But I
> | can never use the printer. Hope this helps.
> |

> | "roboco302" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in
> message
> everything
> walked
> advice in
> printer
> | >
> | > Could you please post your exact configuration? What
> printer are you
> | > using? How is it connected? How are your 2 computers
> connected? Can
> | > you see each computer in My Netowrk Places? Etc. I might
> be able to
> | > help if I have a little more info.
> | >
> | > Rob
> | > MCP+I, MCSE
> | > A+, I-NET+, Network+
> | >
> | > --
> | > http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted
> by author's request
> | > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet
> standards
> | > Topic URL:
> | >
> http://www.WindowsForumz.com/New-Users-Shared-printer-problem-ftopict240319.html
> | > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:
> | > http://www.WindowsForumz.com/eform.php?p=729248

Yea, go to Start / Printers and then make sure your printer has a
little hand under it. If it does not you can right click it and go to
Sharing...

If you are on your laptop and you browse thru My Network Places to
find your desktop computer... I assume that you see shares that you
made for the desktop. If you don’t’ see the printer, then I think the
problem is what I mentioned above.

I understand your terminology just fine... It’s not easy sometimes to
communicate a problem to someone in words. We can work through this
and hopefully get you all set up!!!

Rob

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request