Organizations and individuals are free to use the game for training or enjoyment needs. Feedback from users regarding suggestions or issues regarding potential usage for professional training is encouraged. If you would like some custom scenario or feature work please let us know.
There are at least 20 AARs in the game forum, including WWII, NTC (mechanized), and counter-insurgency battles.
Computer Wargame Features:
- FREE TO PLAY.
- Real time with 30 second time steps, time compression adjustable up to 30X.
- Multiple players over LAN and Internet, each controlling specific forces.
- 3D terrain height maps with 100m grid squares. Maps are from NASA SRTM90 data.
- Units are individual, section, or platoon/battery sized units.
- IR sights (2G FLIR, NVD, etc.), radar (surface search, air search, JSTARS), smoke, and illumination modeling.
- Detailed combat results, movement, and visibility/LOS models.
- Aviation assets return to off-map "replenish" and "hold" areas between missions over map.
- Automated single and grouped unit pathfinding.
- Positional sound effects (movement, weapons, etc.) and TTS speech reports.
- Powerful and easy to use 3D and 2D map based user interface.
- Move your units by issuing waypoints by clicking on the map.
- Explicit ammunition and fuel resupply capabilities, however this is rarely used given the time and scale of most scenarios.
- Combat Engineering Features
- Voice chat program included for simulated radio network during play.
Caveats: The game 3D terrain graphics do not work with every video card driver--about 60-80% work fine. As a backup you can use the CPU graphics mode, which works 100% of the time but is not as fast or attractive. Laptop play is not recommended. Minimum screen resolution is 1280x1024. 22", 24", 30" or dual 19" monitors are recommended.